What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Hot! Record high for today is 113* Today's forecasted high = 112*

Average number of days over 100* = 10 per year.
Yesterday was day number 30 over 100* this year. Projected to break the 50 day record.

Swimming pool water temp yesterday was 95*

Sun just came out and it is a wonderful 77f with a nice breeze. Nicest day we've had in several weeks.

Sometimes it doesn't rain enough to keep the fires from starting. This time of year it would normally be tinder dry to start with so it takes quite a bit of rain to get all the stuff wet.

We call it dry lightening.
Lightening hits tree..... Tree smolders/and or catches fire.... Something falls off tree that is burning (couple days ago it was a limb on fire that did) and lights high grass or duff.... which in turn lights brush.... then trees and with the right conditions and wind factors canopy.
Unfortunately us humans messed with the cycle and kept putting fires out to preserve what trees we have not cut. So the fuel load is more dense which means hotter fires and more damage to larger areas of forest... Readers digest condensed version.
Today we had a fire start in Yosemite and a house fire in Mariposa at Morman Bar. House fire was human caused, Yosemite was lightening. Several lightening fires were created this week alone. One took up to 50 acres I believe but conditions were in favor of the CDF crews a pretty accessible.
If a thunderstorm this time of year makes any rain.... It's usually just enough water to wash the dust off good enough to make it all burn better.

Mostly foggy
6c551c67-d3c0-2ed6.jpg

That's the ocean way out there.

Rain has stopped and our first day of summer starts tommorrow, supposed to be 30C.

It's been really nice here this summer. Only a couple of days over a hundred, today is typical of this summer. 94 degrees with 56% humidity, clear skies with a 6 mph wind from the northwest is forecast.

after a long spell of fair to nice weather we get our first day of actual rain, looks like it will be today then clearing up over tomorrow and wednesday. Rborist, its going to be wet your way if this cluster makes it that far. Thanks Hawaii!

after a long spell of fair to nice weather we get our first day of actual rain, looks like it will be today then clearing up over tomorrow and wednesday. Rborist, its going to be wet your way if this cluster makes it that far. Thanks Hawaii!

I just hope Hawaii gets all of the rain out of the way before my arrival in January and February. Hope to spend 2 months in Kauai this year.

2 months? Wow, yeah, that must be some good asset management in season. ;)

So what do you do with your kids? Arent they in school?

This past February we went to Kauai for a month and pulled the kids out of school, they did school work everyday for an hour or two and had great report cards at the end of the year. No diff this year.

I sold some old trucks and a chipper that I had kicking around, gonna use that money, free flights with airmiles and kick in a little extra dough and off we go. Gonna try and rent a house off of Craig's list, so way cheaper then a vacation rental. I can tast the huli huli chicken and Longboard Lager already.

Back