What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Our county health department issued a mosquito alert last week. West Nile Virus has been reported in the area and mosquitoes are the most popular form of transmission.

No west nile cases reported here this year..........yet. We have had cases in the past though.

We have West Nile here. Not this year yet though. Sorry you midwest guys, it's 84 here right now with 35% humidity. We always get ours though.

It's been nice here since the wind dropped, clear and sunny but cold nights. Shorts and t shirt yesterday.

Different today, coldest July day for eight years. I don't remember that day but it was cold today, didn't even get to 50f.:coldcold:

Hot and humid, they were talking 'heat index' of 109 and higher the past few days. Night before last woke up in the middle of the night and it was still 86 degrees at 4AM. Have a couple rooms in the house air conditioned so I can escape. I 'm hoping the sweat that ended up in the oil based paint didin't mess it up. We'll see.

Cold front came through yesterday, wow what a difference.

Summer is definitely NOT my favorite season.

Supposed to be about 80ish with a slight breeze today. That will work out just fine for the next couple days as we are going to be working in a traditionally hot canyon.

Its fine with me too, but the trepidation of the rain is the tough part since I have work to do outside that kinda sucks when its precipitating.

Nearing the end of the rainy season around the end of the month, rain or looking to, mixed with periods of intense sunlight. All the foliage now is brilliant green and pumping.

A heavy duty typhoon heading my way, it should hit the area in the wee hours or in the morning. Probably not directly at this location, but riding home I observed dark threatening clouds seeming to be getting pushed in from the south. Oh boy!

Here they are calling for 99 tomorrow with a heat index of 117:|:

Im taking off tree work and going to go to the shop and build Wraptors in the shade;)

mercifully mild here today, seems to be the same the next few days according to the weather guessers.

I ordered some climbing gear for a friend recently. He brought over two big bottles of sake as a thanks. I can do a lot of pondering with that.

Back