What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 485K
It's freezing.:coldcold:

Down to about 37F here this morning, got to low 50's with a cold wind. I haven't worked with so many clothes on for ages.:(

:what::cry::whine:HOT in S. Miss. Rain showers tease us by passing just North. Good lightning show last night over Mobile, Al. My tomatoes need rain, tap water is just not enough. We have water restrictions here, no car washes, no lawn irrigation, no pool filling. Next we'll have communal showers.

Looks like another record day here, I think we've broken four records in the last week, 100 plus and not a drop of rain in sight!

Naw...not quite that much precip here just now, Sean...not enough to qualify as mizzle...this is straight mist, off and on with breaks of none at all.

:)

It hit 94 today also but the humidity must have been low because it wasn't too bad .Fact is myself and a helper split and stacked nearly two cord of red oak .

We keep getting those dang rains every couple of days. Any one who wants to come up and fill a few tanks with water to take back south is more than welcome. Of course it sounds like the Missouri will be taking all the water from Dave and Sylvia's back yard and sending right on down to Naw Lins. That is the proper pronunciation isn't it Butch? 48F when i left home this morning, one of the warmer spots in the western part of the state.

cold front came through last night and we are back down around a more normal 60ish for highs.

Weather picked up tonight! It about had to, 101 with 60% humidity today, the dew point was 68 and a cold front was moving in.
I went storm spotting, called in to the Skywarn net and told them where I was and asked where to go, I was told to sit still.
Man that was CRAZY! Straight line winds in excess of 70mph, it was trying to pick the truck up! They told me to point the truck to face the winds, when I told them I was they were speechless for a bit, then NOAA came on wanting to know the direction of the winds!
Even when the wind died down the rain was so heavy it was zero visibility! Crazy stuff for sure! The tornado sirens went off all around us, but the closest wall cloud with rotation was more than 20 miles away, nothing hit the ground as far as I know. But the wind sure tore the hell out of things!

It's been a little hot here of late,in the 90's . The heat dried the ground out and the farmers are working round the clock to get the corn planted which is late .

Nice little shower here this morning but looks like its about done for now. Bit more in an hour or so. Sure is nicer since it cooled off...

No pay Butch unless you get in with one of the news stations.
I've done it for years just driving around watching it all unfold, pointless and dangerous. Now that I have my HAM license I can tie in with a network of people with a "controller". They say where to set up and what is coming your way and when to run like hell! Much safer and the information gets relayed to NOAA and news stations.
When you hear the guy on the news say "A trained spotter reported hail the size of golf balls" or what ever they say down there, it's an amateur radio operator calling in to one of the nets.

Calling for rain for much of next week here. I hope that they are wrong like usual.

It hit 100F here today. Felt nasty because of the humidity. Still a lot of water not too deep in the ground and some surface water that would normally be gone by now. I guess the temps are supposed to drop again back into the mid 80s by the end of the week.
Someone told me Fresno was going to hit about 106F today:|:

More rain had some flooding here in the city there is a puddle a foot deep and about a 1/4 acre in the park across the street.

Then it came
across the lake and slammed us pretty good. road looked like a stream for a while there...

Back