What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
I hate Kentucky in the summer the humidity is just brutal I have family down in Lullville and we would visit them often. More rain coming here I think my skin has been replaced with moss.

I thought it was a bit cool this morning when I went outside. It was 45F.:coldcold:

It got to mid 50's, second coldest May day on record, and it's still three weeks till winter.

It hit in the 70s' yesterday .Today it's supposed to be 84 .

With all this rain the spring flowers never looked so good .The precepitation for the year is exactly double this time last year .

What the heck is 147% humidity?
I thought 100% was raining.
In practicality 100 percent humidity is most moisture at a given temperature the air will hold without raining .The warmer the air is the more humidity it holds .It's not the heat that gets you just the fact persperation will not evaporate in high humdity and cannot cool the poor old bod very well . Like 85 degrees in humid Ohio is more miserable than 100 in arid Arizona .

If you have 100 percent humidity at say 90 degrees and the temp drops to 87 it will rain at least some .

You northerners are just now getting the nice weather we had all winter. Now it's hot here, and will be until October. It hit 95 today and not a hint of clouds or breeze. :whine:

Well said Al. That is the main reason that I do not like visiting relatives in IL in midsummer or midwinter. That dang humidity will parboil and flash freeze you both. I will take the dry air of good old ND anytime.

EXCEPT now!! It will not stop raining and warm up. I thought the Dakotas were dry!!!

I imagine central Florida could become not so nice in summer .One of the reasons the snowbirds go north about Easter time .

Thanks Al. Basically the hotter the air is, the more humidity it can carry without raining.
147% is when it's hella hot outside and hella humid at the same time.
Seems like it'd be easy to dehydrate in that kinda situation.

Thanks Al. Basically the hotter the air is, the more humidity it can carry without raining.
147% is when it's hella hot outside and hella humid at the same time.
Seems like it'd be easy to dehydrate in that kinda situation.

It was 48 when I got home today...rained most of the day, we got wet and cold so left a big horse chesnut removal in super close quarters to finish tomorrow. Very technical job, tiny work site to rig into...lots of GRCS lifting.....

I've been slow and bored and not posting much.

It's been our wettest and coldest spring ever......since early March the weather has really sucked.....Mt Baker and Mt Rainier each had their largest snow base ever as of Apr 15--Baker was at 250 inches, and 290 at a higher non official measuring station...even surpassing their base as of that date during the 1140 inch world record 12 month snowfall year-1998-99.

Back