What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
We must have gotten some wind last because I have a couple of spindley wind throwns out in the woods .

The canopies on the big oaks which are about 100 feet with 65 canopies block the sunlight .Those smaller trees grow straight up .Might be 60 feet tall and little bony 8" or so . A big old puff of wind just blows them over,roots and all .

Wow, some wild weather over there and more to come on Saturday. I hope it's not as bad and everyone is ok.

Just rain here since last week, except for a couple of days.

Snowed here at the house for a little while yesterday afternoon, just a skiff stuck for an hour or so, then cold rain washed it away. Late for that around here.

seems to be starting nicely here, I wont jinx it though, weather report at the end of the workday. ;)

It was 68 today, the prediction for tomorrow is blizzard warnings, 6-9 inches of snow. No boringly same-same weather in ND!!!

Same forecast as Bob for today. Rain and wind so far with the snow to come with an afternoon temperature drop. Should be good for the flood outlook.

brandon_flooding_may7.jpg We're in the middle of what has been called the "Flood of the Century" in Brandon, Manitoba. It's giving everyone something to talk about at least. Normally the river is on the other side of the treeline at the top of the picture.

Seems to be a lot of flooding all over the place lately. The Ohio River just broke a record for water height, the Mississippi is high again and has people worried as well. The weather here was hot here today, almost hit 90.

We got more snow up high yesterday and took a frost last night. Hail yesterday at our elevation. Today was sunny ad nice. Supposed to keep warming up all week again and it was just 80 F recent.

Back