What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Paul,

I actually was using snow shows today working in a park. We were pruning 3 inch caliper trees that were planted last year, two of my guys were with me and they were sinking in snow past their knees while I was walking on top of the snow pack. I might be the only snow shoeing arborist out there.

a3drsy.jpg

Thanks MB, I forget where I got my pic from, I think it was a cropped, annotated shot of some sort vs the one you posted, raw and uncut. That pic is from the airport job if I remember right.

Thanks MB, I forget where I got my pic from, I think it was a cropped, annotated shot of some sort vs the one you posted, raw and uncut. That pic is from the airport job if I remember right.

Good memory Paul. There was a tonne of snow up there that year! We were up there a year ago or so and had a great time, the northern lights are really awesome when you get way up north!

I bet, its on my bucket list to see that stuff, happened once down here but it was shades of grey, not as impressive as the good stuff.

Just don't go in the heat of summer the bugs will eat the skin off yer bones. That and it's almost daytime 24/7 so you wouldn't see much of the lights then anyways!

Temporary sun shine.... See if I can get some stuff done before it falls apart again...
Had more snow roll in last night. 2400 feet is clear and muddy so we shall play there for a while today :lol:

Paul,

I actually was using snow shows today working in a park. We were pruning 3 inch caliper trees that were planted last year, two of my guys were with me and they were sinking in snow past their knees while I was walking on top of the snow pack. I might be the only snow shoeing arborist out there.

I've snowshowed to felling jobs off and on, but the next time someone tries to line me up for a climbing job that involves the damn things, I'll clearly remember those days collecting grafting scion for Doug fir seed orchards back in the early '90s and offer to tear them a new azzhash.
:D

Colder than heck here today and sunny, but we missed the main part of the storm. Just got a light skiff of snow on the ground last night. Minot got about 9 " of heavy wet stuff.

2 days ago the snow was all but gone, about 6" of fresh slushy chit out there again. All the local rivers are flooding to beat hell too. They just closed down 2 major bridges due to the flooding, so the remaining 2 will be above capacity for the next few weeks at least. Traffic is gonna suck.

Mid 80s here today, warmest day so far this year. Still dropping near 60 overnight though. Mostly sunny with a very light breeze.

28 here... cold, and snow is expected. Just put more wood in the stove.

And to think just this morning I was sitting outside on Brian's crapper drinking coffee without a shirt, and perfectly comfy.

Back