What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 491K
Just went for a walk, moon looks noticeably bigger than normal for here, fairly clear sky this evening too. Next thing I look forward to is the Perseid meteor shower, I aim to get out of town this year to try and see it without the glare of the city.

Extremely windy and wet... There are going to be trees down everywhere up here.
IR4.GIF.8.jpg,

Skiing was just called off for tomorrow. The ski lodge and area are closed as is the road up from Yosemite and places going into Yosemite. High winds, snow, fallen trees and rock slides. Loverly!
Looks like I am losing a gray pine from the root ball in front... Leaning now.
Lost some tops and a dead one out back.... Kat said there was stuff all over the road into town.

I hope so too Terri... The weather up here has been a real fun ride this winter. We have lost about a months work just dodging snow, rain and wind storms. I stopped scheduling clients until May because I can't guarantee to finish the projects we are already working on. I can book the entire month of April on just my back logged work and still leave a few people wanting.
Precipitation is forecast through into next weekend. I would wager snow level will be about 4000-5000 feet next weekend judging by the temps they are predicting.
It was down to 3200 this one. Should get snow tonight.

it was so nice here today!! something like +10 in the sun lol feels nice :) summer is coming!!

This thread is still going? How ya'll been? Good to read some of you again. Lots of new faces and still lots of old ones around!

All is good here. The video is somewhere in the office, kids are great and life is good in my universe. Slow start to the season this year due to record amount of snow that we still have on the ground here, I have to pull out my snow shoes for a job in a park this week, there is still over 2-3 ft of the stuff on the ground here. We have lots of work but alot of it is hard to get at. The place looks a little different but still familiar. I bet that there are alot of new people here since I have last been around.

Evidently there was a frog drowner rain last night but I slept right through it .With any luck it caused the moles to seek higher ground .

after such a beautiful day yesterday, i wake up to SNOW!!! FML this sh!t isnt fair!

Still pounding snow here right now and we are at about 8". Storm calls coming in. Between saturated ground, high winds, and now snow load, trees are flopping and popping. Power been on and off all night and morning. Soon as we got power back this morning, the phone started ringing :lol: Gonna fix some breakfast and see if we actually need to go out in the white stuff.

Welcome back, Craig! :)

Horrid weather here today. Woke up to wicked cold of about 60 degrees and clear skies. Currently 81 and partly cloudy. I might need to seek refuge up north somewhere.

Horrid weather here today. Woke up to wicked cold of about 60 degrees and clear skies. Currently 81 and partly cloudy. I might need to seek refuge up north somewhere.

:birdman:

I was going to ask the same thing but I didn't want to scare the fella off right away! :P

I left the web forum world because of my family, the web was taking up too much of my time , not to mention I.S.A. chapter work and running the tree care service and as a result my family was getting the short end of the stick. Now that I am done with the ISA gig I can focus on my family and company......so I just might come around a little more often.

Thanks for the welcome back Brian, I hope that life finds you well! You can tease me all you want about the weather and it will not bug me this year as I just came back from being on a beach in Kauai for a month. I am still in island mode!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RqbTltPBPMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Snow finally broke right after noon today and we hit the road... Ponderosa basin, Lush Meadows, Jerseydale, parts of Triangle and Midpines are still without power and look like a bomb went off. Took the camera but batteries went dead. More snow and rain on the way.

Back