What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 485K
wind warning up for today, sustained 50 to 70 K, gusting to 90 K, light rain now, high 40's here, 8C currently.

Here is a picture I took on the drive home this afternoon. This was just after the start abut 2 pm. It looks like it will end here about 8 pm. If you get caught in a blizzard around here, you can usually just set it out in your car and be fine. They move through pretty fast. Guess they are in a huge hurry to get out of Idaho, Montana and Canada and just don't get slowed down for beautiful North Dakota.
IMAG0041.JPG

Crazy weather here! It's been in the 70's the last couple of days, today we topped out at 46 and dropped like a rock from there! Thunderstorms rolled in and out, now it's supposed to snow tonight?

10 degrees celcius and rain.
There is a distinct smell of spring in the air, and I saw this years first song lark yesterday ( I have to do a visual ID on those nowadays, can't hear them anymore):cry:

3" of snow and it has stopped for now. Wind is still howling away.. Should make some for some more tree carnage.
See what the morning brings. Supposed to work at a lower elevation tomorrow, but we might get rained out.

It's raining, all night and most of today.:)

Half the country has had heavy rain and floods but we haven't had any rain [except a few light showers last week] since November.

My grass is dead and a lot of trees are as well. Some big old gums couldn't take it either.

It's stopped now but I'm going to miss the big moon. http://www.news.com.au/technology/m...osest-since-1993/story-e6frfro0-1226015795421 Maybe there is something to it after all.

It is above freezing and MUDDY the ground has that nice ush feeling no trucks or equipment on the lawns for about a month or so.

I just went and looked at it, I really can't see that it is any bigger than usual.

Rain, sunshine, rain, sunshine........... Supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon/evening, it's in the 60's so hopefully nothing severe.

Just went and looked again.

You are right, MB, I should have upgraded.

I'm a cheapskate, what can I say.

Back