What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
cool, high wind warning for the next 24 hours, threats of rain, snow and sleet. I think I am going to make it an office day.

Well, tempest in a teapot...me and Silver trudged back in with no rescue to report, nor much tree either.

Several smallish alders on the road, being cleared by a good ol' boy who just wanted to drive around in the snow in his 4x4 for fun.

I found the deputy who called in the tree...some crossed wires between his dispatch office and the FS system...there never was anyone trapped behind the "road blockage".

On the up side, made it back in time to partake in the fruits of our office's chili cookoff...gooooood grub.

Very nice spring like day .In the low 40's ,sun . The water is still running off the farm land from the down pour . It should make it over Niagra falls in a couple of months . The divide is about twenty miles south of me,that stuff floods Louisiana .My water goes north to the big lakes .

They are calling for flash flooding today . Expecting upwards of 2-3 inchs of rain .That's about like a cow peeing on a flat rock .

I had the bright idea to trot on over to C-4-Fun's and retrieving the Mac 805 but I believe it might be a good idea to just stay put for a while .

Rain supposed to be coming in by morning and snowing by Monday ...... More snow for skiing.. No weather or not I will be able to afford skiing not working due to weather ???? :roll:

noticed a state of emergency declared in south louisiana by the governor due to severe weather.

Woke to 22" on the ground and had to work at getting out of the door - took 15 minutes just to get the door to the outside open. Shoveled 4 hours (bloody snowblower is down) and have another 12-15 hours to go. Not a happy camper as there's no way to clear it with anything bigger than a snowblower and it hasn't worked since December. Had another 6"-8" during the day - I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow. Hoping to get the driveway cleared and worry about the parking spaces on Wednesday. Then there's another storm coming in on Thursday - I guess it's just not my week.

Down to less than a foot in most places. Can even see some bare ground on the South faces. Time to go tree hunting down back.

Yeah, lookin like the whole midwest too
NatLoop.gif

Been raining steady here since early this morning with a bit of lightning.

No lightning here, but rain off and on all night. Steady drizzle now. I'm hoping it breaks soon because I have a job that I'd really like to get done today.

Back