What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
24 with drizzle coming down right now, the weather channel is saying 5-8", the local news thinks around 8", I think I need to go get some more firewood!

Getting ready for an incoming storm .Might be bad ,too early to tell .Warm air from Texas ,cold air from Canada .

It looks like the south of us,Dayton area could get a bunch of ice .C4 fun and myself should be in the snow area unless the Texas air makes it this far north.

Well whatever is ,is .Extra case of beer ,gasoline ,food .Ready Freddie .

14 right now, big drop from 36 earlier at midnight. This is higher than the highs we will see the next two days. I had to go to the town North of us, 7 miles, but with the headwind I was driving into my defroster couldn't keep up with the freezing rain coming down. It just froze and stuck on the windshield! We haven't even gotten the cold and wind they are predicting for tomorrow!

And you think we get it tough.:O

It was a hot one today, 105F out the back in the shade when I got home. We're having a hot week, but I'd rather be here.

We have at least 3' of snow on the ground here from recent storms. Now a wintry mix and/or ice coming. Been plowing etc.. Looking @ the work pictures thread, pics of green/brown earth honestly looked odd- Everything is white here. Snowshoes are the ticket for walking anywhere unplowed/shoveled.

I tried snowshoes a long time ago but all they did was trip me up . It's bad enough to get plopped face down in a snowbank but worse trying to right yourself with those damned things on your feet . To me they were as worthless as wings on a fish .

Working in the rain is worse, I agree Al. I believe the mayhem is suppose to start here after 5pm. 14-22" of snow and 20-45mph winds. Lots of coffee tonight.

Watch out Butch, they are talking severe weather, tornadoes and such in your area today!
It's 5 right now, and still dropping, 25mph winds make the wind chill -17 right now. Supposed to get windier as the day goes. Might have half an inch of snow with the heavier snow still to come later on.
All the schools around here are closed because of the wind chills.

Calm right now, but the big one is suppose to hit us tonight and tommorow with high winds and heavy snow. We are at ground zero for that big weather system that is in the news with snow accumulations from 16 to 24 inches of snow for us. Possibly more.

I just don't see how that little system in Texas could deliver such a big punch and dump so much snow on us .

This will pretty much shut us down for work but I hope it drums up something later for some early season work. We need it.

All that Texas wind is full of moisture .When it hits all that cold Canada wind that moisture has to go someplace . I'm surprised it hasn't turned to hail in some parts .

Well about coffeed up enough to plow out the drive and get ready for the next go round before it hits .About 3-4 inchs of powder last night .Fluffy stuff you could blow around with a back pack pretty easy .

Does anything good ever come out of Texas or Canada:lol::lol:

The good thing about this storm is we have actually been moving some firewood these last few days which helps take the bite off the pocketbook for small things like gas and misc. bills. It is nice to have a little walking around money to spend.

All the little guys who have a few face cords to sell for under market price are out of wood. This is good for us.

betts are $1 at the local watering hole on how much snow we will get by 6pm tomorrow......I've got a buck on 4"......scardycat, fear-mongering, weather it will or won't people........

We're prepared here, but I'lll believe it when I see it after all the false warnings up here.....

Back