What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
It was about +20F when I hit that TD this Am at 0900..
It was about 11 at 0600
It hit about 40F by noon and just when I thought it was gonna get warm and most the snow in the tree would go away... Some clouds rolled in, wind came up and threatened to snow as the temp dropped back down to about 30F ...
Yup wood stove is a beautiful thing...

Rain, rain and RAIN.

First day of summer and it's cool and wet. Most rain for this time of year since 1940.:\:

It'll be a killer if it warms up.

That's cool, you guys need rain don't you?

Its looking like I am going to get snowed out today unless I can think of a job that we can do with four inches of new wet snow sticking to everything.

Looks like you boys in the north east are going to be busy. There looks to be a good sized storm up there.

That was a while ago, too much this year. Crops aren't doing well and it's wrecked a lot of fruit & vegetables. We're even importing lemons from the US.

Wheat was going to be a bumper crop but it's stuffed now.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...-queensland-is-hurt-by-rains-growers-say.html It doesn't look good for next year, Russia and China lost most of theirs as well. Food prices are going to be high.

Sorry to hear that. I think our wheat farmers had a bumper crop and stand to make some money for a change.

Cloudy right now but rain is in the forecast. I hope it does. I need some snow melted to get into a job. I am off all weekend so I can do the shuffle to get the job done if need be.

The first trackable snow fell last night ,maybe 3/4 inch if that .

Interesting thing on the weather report concerning winter precipitaion in this area which is 100 miles south of lake Erie .If because of the El Nino, La Nina effect the jet stream is directed slightly westward we get a lot of rain .Eastward it's snow .Evidently more westward gets away from the "lake" effect .The average snow fall is 34 inchs . Obviously more than Orlando but much less than Cleveland or up state New York .

I sealed up the windows in my bedroom yesterday and it made a huge difference last night. Still nice and toasty but I'm going to work in an hour. Radio says it's 46 out right now.

I'll tell you what ,50's in the keys would feel like zero here .I was in Key West when it got in the 60s and I laughed at people with coats until I too donned one .

Snowing pretty steady right now. Supposed to have 2-6". Past the 2" mark already. Will probably be a little slower 80 mile commute tonight in the Prius.

I'll tell you what ,50's in the keys would feel like zero here .I was in Key West when it got in the 60s and I laughed at people with coats until I too donned one .

Yeah, when it gets chilly down here, you can tell who the locals are by what they are wearing!!

Snow and lots of it. The southern part of the country has been totally snowed in for 3 days. We didn't get quite that much, but it still makes the old homestead look nice. PC040017.JPG

Nice sunny day here, brisk. Right around 29 degrees. Going to do some gear testing once it warms up a touch.

hovering in and around freezing temps, beauty sun out today though compared to yesterdays overcast.

Back