What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
Rain & wind most of the night. Looks like a couple more hours of rain on the radar.

I strongly dislike working in the rain anymore.

I don't like it either.

91 and sunny yesterday, 68 and cloudy today. Now a storm. I'd better turn this thing off, can't risk losing another pc. :(

Supposed to rain for the next three days and then get our first snow this weekend.
Wishing I was climbing full time again, being in a bucket in winter is not my idea of fun.

Big typhoon (hurricane) heading here, and unusually coming in my direction. Hurricanes often bring tornadoes in these parts. About a day and a half away now.....

Thanks, think I'll spend some time tomorrow battening down the hatches.
The Fuji apple harvest in my area is only a short time away. If the big winds come, it will be very bad for the growers.

I've been tracking these typhoons as well Jay. I was surprised to see that one heading your direction. The one that just nailed the Phillipines turned around, is slamming it again, and is then forecast to head in my direction. Best of luck!

I'm feeling pretty bad for those folks in the Phillipines right now. It's been a tough season for natural disasters in this quarter of the world.

Can anyone say "SNOW"! Jeesh! It did that white S#&t here this morning! Melted when it hit the ground BUT......

Thunder storms & hail last night. 40-50 mph winds. 50,000 without power (ours still on). looks to be a long day on storm call maybe.

Jay, hope your weathering the storm OK over there.

Jay, how is the forecast looking? Stay safe! We have record temps here, in the 90's. We have that all summer long but usually by now we are in the 80's.

Wind, rain, storms. It's snowing down south. It's freezing, I've got the fire going again. So much for spring, 90+ this time last week.:what:

48 - in the mountains this morning - more rain - YAHOO - break out the boats again. to wet to climb - to wet to ride, so work work work

ENJOY the day that you are given.....

Rain has been solid since late afternoon, and they say the heavy duty part will pass through the area between ten and fifteen hours from now. The last time a similar one came through, it did major damage, but sometimes they don't follow predictions, and turn out to sea. Find out soon enough....

Thanks for the concern :)

damn Jay, I am still trying to get over the Fuji thing, I love those apples, about the only ones I will eat, go away hurricane!!

Raining again. That makes every day this week. Time to light the wood stove just to dry out all the clothes.

damn Jay, I am still trying to get over the Fuji thing, I love those apples, about the only ones I will eat, go away hurricane!!

Paul, the hurricane turned slightly east, just as it was coning into my area, so we got off light. Just south of me, however, the apple growers were hit hard. Lots of Fujis on the ground now. :(

-18C with the wind chill, 120 miles away (Saskatoon) they have 4" of snow laying on the ground.:whine:

tri cities... wow, theres an over used term. :)
which tri cities are you talking about Ste? Seems the Gla and Fuji apples we get here any time after about December, are from new zealand.

Back