What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
OK, July, August, and September,we see very little rain, other than major storms. Really heavy rains, gone in an hour and you can't do anything for two days because it's too muddy. But we average 102 dgrees.
This year, it's been ranning every three days or more it seems. It's been a mud fest and trying to do concrete or any kind of dirt work has been miserable.
And the tempuratures have been setting record lows at night. It's just crazy weather.

I don't much care for blondes Mike, but I don't much care for Asians anymore either, so what do I know:P

Six inches of rain in an hour requires some kind of very unusual cloud formation, they said. You can't see like past fifty yards when that happens, and loud speakers broadcasting public warnings are completely inaudible.

Sunny today, folks are digging out...or bulldozing away :(.

80% chance of rain...produced 30min of rain after 8 am.....then cloudy until 1:30(nice)......did not rain even after that. I watch the radar.....fock the forecast8)

Raining steadily here. It's been in the low to mid 80s this week, and humid. The humidity started last week. The air has been fairly dry this summer (when it isn't raining). We've only had two days in the 90s, both in April. It it got over a hundred here, I think things would come to a complete halt.0 is no problem though.:)

You guys have been getting pounded today, eh? I just keeps skirting northwest of me.

Started about 4:00. Got hammered Monday. 5 inches fast, and lots of roads washed out, roads that have never washed away like this before.

SWEET!

I don't need no stinkin swimin suit, I go nekid:lol:

Just try and get that image out of your head, I dare you:lol:

no speedo, no problem, commando cannonball!!!!

oh, Ste, you may want to warn your daughters to stay away, I admit, I am not that pretty. :)

I'd love to come for a swim too. I bet a pool feels great where you reside. I promise to wear a suit, but once in the water, it's off. 8) X on the naked group hug shot though.

No house ac here either, Paul. Open the windows at night to capture as much cool in the house as you can, then close the windows and pull the drapes/blinds/whatever all day.

Fortunately it's been getting down to the mid 60's at night. Unfortunately, our house is so isolated that we have no window coverings to block the sun in the day. Lots of big windows, too.

The Victorian 2 strory house my mother grew up in in SW Florida had a HUGE attic fan in it...no exageration, the blades had a 72 inch span. It would make an intake breeze in every window in the house strong enough to blow a candle out.

No house ac here either, Paul. Open the windows at night to capture as much cool in the house as you can, then close the windows and pull the drapes/blinds/whatever all day.

Fortunately it's been getting down to the mid 60's at night. Unfortunately, our house is so isolated that we have no window coverings to block the sun in the day. Lots of big windows, too.

WWWBC = Which Window Would Burham Close...

It was friggin HOT here today. I got a bit flushed trying to get a big oak removal finished up. I hit barbed wire in the stump, which was in the corner of the yard with privacy fence on two sides and a shed on the third side. I had to ask one of the guys to go get the blower and keep a breeze on me just so I could make the cut without passing out. But it's done and I'm in the AC now so I am not concerned with the outside temp any more. :)

Back