What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
Damn, that's Africa hot.

Pissing down rain again. We've become so used to these cool wet days that 80 with some humidity is an ass-kicker. Summer is never coming.

80F here and really muggy. fog so thick I couldn't hardly see to go to work this morning. Cleared out when we got on the job, then all sunshine.

10pm and it's still 85 outside and drizzling, almost 100% humidity. I went out to put the garbage to the curb and it hit me like a wall of heat stepping out of the front door.

Yeah, we usually get a couple weeks over 100 per year. Not straight. This has been a long spell of heat

I hope that air doesn't blow down here. A lot of times it blows down from Oregon down into the central valley and heats by compression and that's when we get our really hot weather.

No days over 90 in June or July so far in Mass. A weird summer, if you can call it summer.

Yup, supposed to have averaged six, 90+ days this month. Ne'er a one. Fine with me.

Brookfield (where I often worked for summers) was always nasty in July... Leicester could be too... And the show at Brimfield was always hot, humid and t storms this time of year.

breakin records hereabouts.....
first pic my fenceline, second my pantry closet and third my living room. yuck. about 60-70% humidity.

Attachments

• P7286457.JPG
    P7286457.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 4
  • P7286456.JPG
    P7286456.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
  • P7286453.JPG
    P7286453.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
It was when I drove the truck home Thursday and that was the first rain we'd had in awhile. Since then Friday and Saturday were bigtime storms here, Saturday espescially. Major lightning, hail that was actually chunks of ice and a flash rainstorm that popped manhole covers all over Vernon and caused lots of drains to back-up. Lots of damage from wind. And since then it's been right back to brutalizing heat followed by stormy evenings with isolated lightning storms. And now it's looking like it's going to stabilize into crystal clear hot days for awhile.

Brookfield (where I often worked for summers) was always nasty in July... Leicester could be too... And the show at Brimfield was always hot, humid and t storms this time of year.

We have plenty of humidity this year and lots of T-storms.

Back