What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
It was brutal, broke a couple of poplars off outside of my fence that crushed part of my chainlink fence. I think the actual wind event was the worst wind I've ever seen inland here. I heard it coming a good 10 seconds before it hit us, probably only lasted 5 mins at my place and then the ice hail immediately afterwards, I've heard some people had some damage from that in other areas but my vehicles were all alright. I've seen quite a few downed trees and even as a newer business in town got 5 or 6 calls from it and I'm guessing I'll probably get a couple more still.

The Rogue valley is just a bowl with high sides, heat, cold and smoke can get trapped here for weeks. I think we should blast a canyon to the coast!

Been raining on and off for days, and some parts of the country are getting record deluges, as much as six inches per hour. Lots of flooding and slides, and damage and death. The rainy season is supposed to be over. :(

The Rogue valley is just a bowl with high sides, heat, cold and smoke can get trapped here for weeks. I think we should blast a canyon to the coast!

HAHAHAHA No doubt.....

I remember my Uncles place there got pretty toasty in summer... But not that toasty. But back then there was A LOT of snow come winter. That was back in the late 60's....

6 inches of rain in a day, mudslides etc and CNN.com has micheal jacksons money problem as its top story... :roll:

Been in the high 90's. Yesterday it hit 100, today looks like 102-104, same for tommorrow. The air is shit around here, actually hurts to breathe after being outside for a couple of hours. Reminds me of Los Angeles. Way too hot for this side of the mountains, RH is high, makes for a shitty day with no AC.

I sure do, in buckets.

Yesterday I climbed one tree about 20 feet to pull a cable TV line, then felled two hazard trees, and was soaked head to toe...before 9am.

I wish I knew what the weather was doing! 65 at 9am, cloudy as all get out. NICE!!! Two hours later it's 86 and the sun is out, humid as hell! Two hours later, pouring rain! Now, there isn't a cloud in the sky! Gotta love KS!:roll:

I wish I knew what the weather was doing! 65 at 9am, cloudy as all get out. NICE!!! Two hours later it's 86 and the sun is out, humid as hell! Two hours later, pouring rain! Now, there isn't a cloud in the sky! Gotta love KS!:roll:

God is just screwing with you.:lol:

Andy, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Sounds like a normal summer day to me. What would you expect in order to not be so worked up?

Andy, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Sounds like a normal summer day to me. What would you expect in order to not be so worked up?

Probably a storm cloud full of large breasted blondes with a cold beer in each hand.

If I lived in FL, I would expect this! I spent a week in the Keys in August, I get it!
But this is friggin KS, in July!! IT DOES NOT RAIN HERE!!! PERIOD!! This is the hot dry season! It's 112 friggin degrees, everything is dead, or dying and we are used to it!
Now we are having to mow twice, yes twice a week, when we normaly mow once every two weeks.
Your soil is sand, it's gone after it rains, we have clay, it's like driving on marbles, then it gums and sticks to EVERYTHING. You can easily have 20 pounds of gumbo on your feet after a light rain!
Monday they forcast rain Tues, then nothing the rest of the week. I scheduled to pour tomorrow, Monday night, it's going to rain everyday this week? (and it has) It's not anywhere normal weather for us!

Back