What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
We are looking at gloomy skies, high in the mid sixties, and they say we could have a few consecutive days of rain here. That's good for our trees!

love
nick

3 above at 7:30 ,nice. I loaded the wood rack full of shagbark,at these temps the soft maple doesn't quite cut it.

High 40's low 50's and all the snow is retreating. We need more snow pack or we will be in trouble this summer.

High 40's low 50's and all the snow is retreating. We need more snow pack or we will be in trouble this summer.

Same here. Last year was real short so they drew down the reservoirs a lot. We are getting quite a bit of rain now and snow in the Sierras, so that should help. Doing what I do now work wise I don't care if it ever rains again.

COLD this week, it got down to 4 on wednesday and thursday. Thursday I spent 3 hours trying to get the chipper running, no fuel at the pump figured it was gelled up, it started before we left for the jobsite. I poured 911 in it for 2 hours, got nothing out of it. I finally ripped it off at the tank, must have been something stuck in the elbow coming out of the tank, i shoved a paper clip in it and it got the fuel flowing.

Yeah, I knew it was too good to be true!!! Need to get to the wood lot and cut and split, but my get up and go just ain't shown up today!!!

48˚, overcast, but a nice change from the icy past month. Darin, you can have some of our snow pack.

TS

We got a little rain and the 6 inchs of snow up and disappeared .They call for rain all this week.

The treemen have been waiting for a hard freeze so they can get into the yards without tearing them up or laying down a zillion pieces of planking,plywood etc. This time of year it's just a waiting game I guess. These guys are lucky this time of year to get in a day or two a week of work. Feast or famine or so it seems.

It'll reach almost 70 today.....I just got back from feeding and it felt like it already has. I've often ended up in a tshirt (no coat) at the end of a work day cutting firewood or feeding in January.....but I can't say I've EVER started the day in one.

I prefer the 10*F day in January over this.

Thw weatherman keeps insisting on snow and rain today. Hasn't happened but I planned accordingly so am playing on the computer and bidding jobs , scheduling work etc.

Back