What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 487K
8F here now, and dropping. Will probably get down to 0F tonight. It was around 30F when I started putting the new starter in the skidder, but that changed when the sun went down. Had to finish though, had to see if it was going to work. (It did).:lol:

Dave

Shoot, I heard on the news tonight Daytona Beach might get snow flurries. That can't be true, can it? Brian, you freezing up there?

Gigi, right now it's 37 and dropping here. Supposed to be a hard freeze tonight, forcast in the mid to upper 20's. I'm reminded of this every 15 minutes on the radio, I wonder if anybody in Orlando doesn't know yet. :roll:

First freeze here in 5 years. I remember as a kid it used to freeze 2-3 times every winter. And when I was 7 I remember it snowing one night when I was 'helping' my dad work the night shift at his gas station. :)

edited to add a link to the local news report on possible snow flurries on the east coast of Florida.
http://www.local6.com/weather/14959516/detail.html

It was snowing and blowing while I was on base today. Being that close to the water, twas colder than wiccan mammories. Around 3 it was in the low to mid 30's with wind chills in the low 20's where I was at.

snow in orlando? sweet mother of hayzeus. I really didnt know that was possible. be careful floridians!!! I am guessing there arent a lot of snowplows or salt trucks down your way... Maybe a good night to wrestle a gator, they are cold blooded right? Probably move real slow in snowy weather.

Dag gone it is cold here this morning. I am headed over to the grocery store in a few minutes to get some milk and chocolate...John wants a hot chocolate!

8 degree here.....not as much wind though. Wind chill is below zero I think. How cold down there Gigi?

27 here in Orlando right now. I slept in a little bit because the crew I'm working with today isn't starting until 10. I just kicked on my sprinklers to thaw out my yard and keep everything from freezing (groundwater is 65+ degrees year around). In 2 weeks I'll have the only green lawn on the street!

It was 26 here when I got up this morning. Now its up to about 35 with bright sunshine and clear blue skies. A beautiful day!!!

5˚F here and the truck wouldn't start. I reckon I'm going to have to plug it in.

TS

Windy with a few showers developing this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Back