What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
It's a gauge that measures things. Voltage, fluid, weight... are all things that can be measured with a meter.

A metre is a unit of measurement :^P

That’s terrible :lol:.

Warm and windy been blowing steady at 25-30 all day since sun up till now. But sunny and 70, rain tomorrow.

My sister designed a 1/4 page ad for or local ad paper when I was getting into snow plowing in '02. It was a group of skeletons around a dinner table. The text was "Don't Let Your Dinner Party Turn Into The Donner Party!" I never ran it, but I thought it was awesome.

Tornado warning! Shits pretty wild outside. I don’t know if this is to be my last but gentleman it’s been an honor! I have a pizza in the pizza oven because damn the torpedoes. I have my doubts because the sky hasn’t turned yellow. Hail wind and rain but no funnel in my neck of the woods. I saw one north, about five miles, but in field, luckily miles around it.

Past us. But my job for tomorrow may have grown. It’s right in the path of what missed us. The HO’s are in some small country island I’ve never heard of for two weeks. Their property could be a disaster. Literally I could book a month a year for the next ten years and barely make a dent.

Wind for days now. Yesterday was bright and sunny enough that I let KV go play outside. Today the sky is lead grey, promising a storm. Nothing on my weather app as per usual.

Basically the same here, but I stayed home. Boss had something to do, and it was threatening enough to make it not worth going out regardless. Drizzle, fog, and heavier rain later. low 50s.

Today it was really dark and cloudy in the sky. Thought it was probably going to rain, but nothing happened. It ended up clearing up by the end of the day. Arizona's weather is so lame. I want snow! Hell, I'm so tired of sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, that'd I'd give it up to shovel out a driveway of snow for a day. In MA, I used to go trek through a foot or more of snow with all of my gear and go for a climb in the snowfall. It was magical, but probably a bit dangerous. Can't wait to move back to MA so I can do it again next winter. Arizona can go shovel shit against the tide.

Last edited:
0900, March 7th. It's snowing at my place. To warm to stick, and only lasted 15 minutes, as that particular cloud passed by, but it did snow.

We get a little storm in April just about every year, not usually much, but measurable accumulation. Late March can often bring a full blown blizzard. March 20somthin-th of 2019 dropped two feet here on the ridge, and nearly a foot in Holbrook. March 20somthin-th of 2006 dropped 29 inches on Overgaard, overnight. Just off the top of my head. It can be very localized, some times showlow gets it, sometimes it all dumps on Heber/Overgaard. Can't speak of the places I weren't.

Sure, I guess if you live in Scottsdale, the monotonous sun would be a bore. Here on Mogollon Rim of the Colorado Plateau, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

It just started raining for about 20 minutes; it was sprinkling. Forecast says there's a 50% chance of rain this afternoon and later this evening. Looks very scattered. I honestly hope it rains. It would make my favorite trees very happy, which in turn will make me happy.

Back