What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Winter weather advisory, calling for snow, maybe as much as 9 inches. 35-45 mph winds. Sounds miserable. I shall stoke the stove.

I hope we get a nice heavy snow, I haven't gotten to plow my road yet this year and I really enjoy it. I don't have a cab on my little tractor, so I end up covered in snow and ice, my beard both solid and white. Lots of fun.

It am here! 20240107_093410.jpg

Looks promising, and we still have the remnants of the last round. I'm stoked, time to finally pull the backhoe off the tractor and put the back blade on! But I don't want to jinx it, so I'll put it off a bit longer lolz.

I just want to plow something!

Anyone use a rear hitch mounted snow plow? I've got an old one i was thinking of building a mount for.

Anyone use a rear hitch mounted snow plow? I've got an old one i was thinking of building a mount for.
Like for a truck? I've seen such critters, but never used one. I use a five foot back blade on my three point hitch. I turn the blade backwards so it doesn't dig in to the dirt road and it works OK.

Yeah on a truck. My backhoe is down at the moment, and i have an old plow just sitting here. Was gonna make a hitch mount for it, come along on a mast to lift it. There's not much to do here, a pass or two and I'm done, both the wife and i have 4x4 and i really only need to hit her drive, my truck doesn't care with the mud tires. I have a backup camera, and in time I'll have a front hitch to mount it on too.

Yeah on a truck. My backhoe is down at the moment, and i have an old plow just sitting here. Was gonna make a hitch mount for it, come along on a mast to lift it. There's not much to do here, a pass or two and I'm done, both the wife and i have 4x4 and i really only need to hit her drive, my truck doesn't care with the mud tires. I have a backup camera, and in time I'll have a front hitch to mount it on too.
Frigging go for it, you've certianly got the tools and know how to do a fine job.

You could set it up so that your plowing in reverse, rather than dragging it along while going forward, which is the most common way I've seen them mounted.

If you have a quad, it may be a bit better suited to a small application like yours...

I use my tractor because it's a rough dirt road and I plow a mile and a half. If it was smoother, I'd fix the plow mount on my Ford and use that. If you were closer, I'd send you my plow mount, and the plow, it's of no use to me. Heck, if you want it come get it!

I was gonna go in reverse, basically back out of one driveway and then down the other, go back inside and pretend it was super hard lol.

It was snowing when I got my text cancelling work at 4:23 this morning. I went out at 6:30 to clean the slush off the wife’s car and now it’s just rain. Supposed to have over an inch of that and then a chance of slushy snow again tomorrow morning. I’m going to take the day off to get some things done around home. Maybe get the wife motivated to start cleaning out the basement.

Raining it's ass off. Best part is I have noisewall tomorrow! I can't wait to play in the mud, stake tons of shots, and go nowhere for linear feet. That's my favorite; just after putting my balls in a vice...

Expect about 2' rain today, with high winds at times. Another inch +/- on Friday.
When I checked this morning it showed an inch of snow each next Monday and Tuesday, but just now they upped it to 4 inches over the same time frame.

-29 c with a -37 c windchill this morning. Refreshing to say the least. I was doing a little dance to keep warm at work and at one point climbed up and down 30' of structural ladder to get the blood pumping.

Still raining. Water's ponding in the backyard, and the basement is leaking. Nothing like a good tropical storm in January. That's what winter's all about, right?!

Blizzard warning for the pass level and above (4000' ish), which is much less common than a heavy snow advisory. Snow to be measured in feet, not inches. Due over the next few days.

Gonna be cold. Here at my location forecast in the low teens for a few days. Could get up to a foot of snow all together, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Lots of split firewood stashed on the front porch!

Back