What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
We had a frost a few days ago ,temps daytime mid 40's . Last night there was a tad bit of sleet. Rather unusual for late Oct .

Rain started Thurs afternoon and has only let up for trick or treat on fri... Still raining but not complaining.... Need the rain for our burn season soon and it aint bad having a few days off... Boring but not bad.

rain rain rain, we need it though. awful dry october this year. got a full week of wet working this week

most of last week and today, get home, hang rain gear in shower to dry for tomorrow. Place workboots under fan to dry. Actually I wore my husqvarna gumboots today and a couple days last week, forget this wet feet business. :)

edit: ha! looks like my red goretex pants scared the camera! They kinda off colour.

Attachments

• PB034496.JPG
    PB034496.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Husqvarna chainsaw boots (Medium).JPG
    Husqvarna chainsaw boots (Medium).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 21
No snow here yet save for higher elevation.. I am at 3200 feet.
No nights predicted freezing yet either... I will plan on draining the water systems at our houses this Sunday though after consults.
Was a nice day once the Fog and clouds lifted about midday... Lil chilly cause it was still damp from all the rain. But we had burn piles going to keep warm, and the client kept making nice strong hot coffee :)

We have very strong wind and rain this morning. Stumper's snow is supposed to get here tomorrow some time with blizzard conditions in the SW part of the state. Should just get 7-10 inches of snow up here. That will make the snow mobile folks happy. Last couple of weeks were beautiful.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Frost out side
Guess I have a wind shield to scrape.
And I am waiting to hear if we have a burn day or not... should be..
They have not changed the message yet,

I woke up expecting to knock out a pair of oaks before lunch and make some bank only to find it's frickin raining outside.

Oh well, it's suppose to quit in a few hours.

Raining. We need it bad, so I won't complain.....but I came home from feeding (on the cab-less tractor) looking (and feeling) like a wet rat. Not too cold, so it wasn't too bad....considered it a 'prerinse' for a hot shower.

Must have been a bit chilly though, cuz when the warm shower air hit my teeth, they all hurt.

rainy here but I got my two hour job done in the drizzle this morning, been home since 11 watching the rain get heavier, we are supposed to get (in addition to the same last night and yesterday) 4cm (1.75 or so inches) over the evening. Gotta love the pacific north-wet.

Nice day here, worked in a T shirt all afternoon. Started misting just a little bit ago. Going to play on the 4 wheeler tomorrow, regardless of the weather!

This is our miserable weather season. 80 in the daytime, 60 at night, a couple light clouds, a little breeze, lots of sunshine and low humidity. Except for a few brief cool snaps, it will be like this until April. But Florida is too hot, you folks won't like it so stay where you are with all the snow. 8)

How do you ski without snow? Winter would be boring without snow, maybe that's why all the old people move down your way.:P

Back