What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 493K
but tons of rain:whine: supposed to have a high wind warning from 7-2, so far nothing

It's been blowing like hell since last night out our way. I think the pouring rain is done now, we had some blue skies for a brief period. Luckily the icing never materialized this far south, at least not enough to worry about.

Gonna pour for two days and then back into the deep freeze for a couple. Ice skates anyone?:D

snowing here in central Ms, but supposed to not stick. I expect it will stick in LJ's neck of the woods.

last three days were beautiful! going to crap tonight.cooling off for a few days but at least not a deep freeze.at least there is work finally!

Yup even inland here in the great white north we've got our first rainfall of the season happening this morning. At my place atleast it has rained down in town already this year. Bye bye snow.8)

56 degrees here, winds gusting to 23 mph. Chilly dogs!!
56 would be warm here but it is a tad chilly for the keys .

I remember looking out the window in Key West at all the people wearing sweaters and jackets when the temp was about 65.I thought it was comical.I went outside and right back in and got a jacket myself.Good heavens I had became aclimatised myself in just a few short months .

It's the humidity, Al. We have a lot more moisture in the air so when it's cold, the cold cuts right through you. A dry cold is barely noticable. An extreme example of this would be to go sit in a 65 degree bathtub or swimming pool. The moisture allows much more rapid transfer of heat so you get cold much quicker.

That is true.I also remember in the Keys there were always ocean breezes.90 degrees was not uncomfortable .If that 90 was here in the midwest a person would be sweltering .

Another little thing.Long ago when I was on the Arctic pack ice it was 42 below but it didn't really seem that cold with no wind.Extremely cold air cannot hold moisture .

I was just out to plow the snow from my 500 plus foot driveway .The temp is 26 degrees sun shining,not bad at all.I imagine I felt warmer at that temp than sombody who is used to being in the warmth of the keys with that 56 degrees.

Ya'll it was sooo hot here today I think I got over heated. It might have hit 90. I did not want to drink to much at the Seafood Fest cause I did not want to use a porty potty. :whine:

Same as here, a woolie on in the morning and t-shirt afternoons, of course my arms are wishing it had been a long t-shirt this afternoon.

A mix of sun and clouds with the chance for a little bit or rain is the longterm forecast here.8).

We're finally getting a little rain this morning. Probably our first rain in over a month. Supposed to get cooler this afternoon also.

I opened my big yap and now we've got a light rain going here this morning. Oh well makes little difference to me in my bucket.8)

little of this little of that, the norm around here.
Off to a pruning job then another small pruning with a deep root fert application :D

Back