What Kind of Cuts Are These!?

Something similar has been posted here before.
It is a tecnique used to make barriers in and at the bottom of clear cuts on avalance prone mountain sides.

I guess they are about to cut the whole slope above where they make the trees lay down behind their own stumps.

I've seen similar when I logged in Schweiz.

I remember that video showing a similar method used to stop falling rocks or avalanche. But this cut looks slightly different. The movement of the but is what Jack (hotsaws101) called a back slip, though he never showed the technique. Perhaps a good name for this cut would be the "spiked backslip".

Jack (hotsaws101) does a lot techniques but never seems to show them ... Try asking him about porting/mods that he does to saws - he won’t tell ya anything 😆 ... In fact I heard he has a lengthy questionnaire that a potential client must fill out before he decides IF he will build ya a saw and his top tier psy-ko SS version will set ya back $700+ or more - that’s a lot of coin but Jack does build a strong long lasting saw in his defense ... Not with Frankie - I’ll tell ya exactly what I’ll to to your saw ... The days of “black magic porting” are long gone ... If you are paying good money to have a saw built you deserve be informed - IF a guy is evasive and won’t answer your questions to your satisfaction than run away and take your business elsewhere ...

Last edited:
I remember that video showing a similar method used to stop falling rocks or avalanche. But this cut looks slightly different. The movement of the but is what Jack (hotsaws101) called a back slip, though he never showed the technique. Perhaps a good name for this cut would be the "spiked backslip".

Yes iirc it was to stop rocks falling down the slope.

However, I name the new cuts round here! so this is now “the Dropkick”

I will not be taking questions.

Thank you.

Ps. @Frankie stop talking about yourself in the third person, it makes you look even more disturbed than normal.
I would take care of @Micks! business and leave Frankies’ alone ... called KISS aka keep it simple stupid ... Tu Parlez (Parles-corrected by the Frenchie) Francais comme une vache espagnol !

Last edited:
Haha ! It’s 10:00 am here @Mick which means it about 4pm in France ... pretty early for a bad case 0’-the Fagans ... you must’ve started tipping them at 6am! Now if you’ll excuse me I have customers awaiting some of the finest dry firewood ... got rid of 8 face yesterday and I’m going to get a new pair of loggin boots !!!

Jack (hotsaws101) called a back slip, though he never showed the technique.
Yes, there is a vid. It was about a big tree (of course) felled up hill, a little too close of the slope's top. The back slip was made to send the butt down the slope, so the log had more (step) flat ground to land on and avoid a breakage in the valuable part.

Dammit, I'm trying to find some simplified pictures I have of springboards but I'm coming up blank. Aluminum is definitely out there and non-traditional...tradition is important! Right B?

I don't get it

???

It’s in three parts.

1: I gave (imo) a superior name to your cut, ‘the trapdoor’ So I’m on naming duties from now on:)

2: it drops down and kicks back past the stump....

3: ‘I will not be taking questions’ is a comic trope used when you make a seemingly inconsequential assertion then make that statement (iwnbtq) as if one was issuing government policy that won’t be argued with or discussed.

when I invent and first publish a cut, I'll name it.. though the trapdoor is a pretty cool name.

The drop kick is a cool name too, but it doesn't really match this cut too well. A dropkick is a term associated with American football, that is associated with a forward kick.

your #3 is a given.. you really are ridiculously condescending on that one.

Back