What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Chuck roast with mashed potatoes and carrots. Nice way to end the week.

Bought a bottle of Cab wine too. A Napa wine called Sledghammer.

I really liked it. Dont drink much anymore, but I do like a Cabernet. This one was good and cheap. Or cheap and good.........either way.

My new favourite dish, this: http://ricette.leccenews24.it/aglio...ttato-un-classico-leggermente-rivisitato-.htm

It is so easy to make and one can make it as hot as one can stand.
The mail order bride makes some for herself on one skillet and some for me on another.
Today was with Habanero chilies.
I got that " Shit I am going to die, but this is so frigging good" feeling.
Had to get up twice to blow my nose.

With a salad and some Turkish sheep feta.

I'm still careful about not touching my eyes with my fingers.

Did I mention I love HOT food:)

I read somewhere once that hot food triggers a release in the brain that is the same chemical that gets produced when you take drugs.

Never taken drugs but I do like spicy food, makes me feel good too.

Katy made some Black Bean soup that Lilly has been requesting, served with cilantro and lime. I had tortilla chips with mine as well as some cheese. No meat.. Delicious. No offence Jim. I love beef or pork in it. But the girls don't like it as much as us boys do.

No kidding? I thought lard was a big no-no. Why lard, and what do you use it for?

Grandma used to use some for her pie crusts, but mom never used lard, just Crisco. An old drive-in located in the BIG town to the south cooked fries in lard, they were tasty!

I am guilty of using bacon grease once in a while......old habits and all. I can cook a hamburger patty and fry up some boiled potatoes with bacon grease, cook a can of green beans and its just like Grandpa is having lunch with me. I still sit on the same side of the table that I used to as a kid at lunch time when we would come in for "dinner". Thats what the old timers called lunch time.

Try some safflower oil(shameless plug);). Olive oil is for pikers!:)

Hopefully Eskimos dont have high colesterol.

They didn't use to, living on a diet that consisted mainly of marine animals and fish.
The fat in coldwater marine animals is very low in saturated fatty acids, just like that of acorn fed pigs.
Today, eskimos eat a lot of junk food, like there rest of us, and their cholesterol levls have skyrocketed.

Jim, you should have a physical once a year or at least every other.

My buddy who never went to a doc was feeling bad. He finally went and was dead a week later... he was ate up inside with cancer and beyond any treatment.

So in your opinion he would have been better off, if he had gone for regular check ups, they had found the cancer earlier and he could have spent his last time as a hostage to the doctors/medical system?

Personally, I'd rather go out the way he did.

My buddy Mike had cancer - they chopped his leg off and he is cancer free and back to work.

So in your opinion he would have been better off, if he had never gone for regular check ups?

Personally, I'd rather die than lose a leg.

That, however, is just my opinion. Your buddy probably sees things differently.

For supper tonight ,Marie Callenders .Not Marie but the meat pies ,tasty .

I can cook up a storm but sometimes like this evening simple is okay .

Funny every male in my family is a good mechanic and also a darn good cook .From my grand dad ,father ,brothers to my son .Sometimes better than the ladies we get hooked up with .Go figure .:?

I've been eating moose like crazy lately. Got a bunch from a friend and wow what a meat. Burgers, roast, stews, you name it. Got some sausages and smokies too that I haven't tried yet. Seriously I think the best meat I've ever had.

Havent seen a doctor in 20 years. Not sure what my blood type is even.

:thumbup:

So in your opinion he would have been better off, if he had gone for regular check ups, they had found the cancer earlier and he could have spent his last time as a hostage to the doctors/medical system?

Personally, I'd rather go out the way he did.

Personally, I'd rather die than lose a leg.

That, however, is just my opinion. Your buddy probably sees things differently.