What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I'll second that! But then I never did get to have any in Chicago that one time. But some of the best pizza and calzone I ever ate was in the North East. One little mom and pop place in Westboro near where I worked at Bay State Abrasives comes to mind. I would drive 45 minutes on a day off just to eat there.

We had some of the last veggies from the garden, mashed potatoes/rutabaga with some onions and swiss chard fried with a bit of pesto tossed in for sauce.
I stir fried a bunch of TAM mild jalapenos for a sidedish. Apparently their fear of the coming winter makes them produce extra capsaicin, they were plenty hot.

Making some baked chicken and baked potaoes. Still debating on taking Kat out to dinner. Dunno. Been a shitty day and I won't award shitty behaviour on anyone's part.

I'll second that! But then I never did get to have any in Chicago that one time. But some of the best pizza and calzone I ever ate was in the North East.
Now this is no kidding I actually had pizza at "Mystic Pizza " where the movie was made .It wasn't however in Mystic Conn it was in Niantic .The pizza was good .

That would have been in about 1970 and the movie wasn't made until the 80's .

I stir fried a bunch of TAM mild jalapenos for a sidedish. Apparently their fear of the coming winter makes them produce extra capsaicin, they were plenty hot.

So that's what causes that, I thought it was just my taste buds going nuts sometimes.

Crocodile sausages with tomato, garlic and red onion salad tonight.

What a great idea!!! I wish I was eating this tonight!!!

Pizza-Hut-Canada-Introducing-Hot-Dog-Stuffed-Crust-Pizza.jpg

Link

Rutabaga, hmmm? What's it like Stig? Similar to Turnip? I've heard that if you stress your hot pepper plants they will produce more Capsascin

Just a fancy name for turnip, I think.

Gotta admit that puree au rutabaga sounds more appetizing than mashed turnip.

Well, that explains it. The cold is just about too much for my remaining mild jalapenos and I swear they are nearly as hot as the ordinary jalapenos.
Which is fine, but good to know before adding a double handfull to the stew.

Todays dinner!:D

P1020318.JPG

We found about 25 pds in the woods today.
Even split in 3 I had enough that I could give both my neighbours a couple of pds each.

I'd like to try them. Got to be careful picking mushrooms here unless you know, quite a few have died from eating some that look like ones from their home country.

All that talk about invasive species got me thinking I should help so I went back to the shop that had the crocodile sausages.

He was out of camel, but had plenty of buffalo. They were really good with a salad and a beer. :drink:

I'd like to try them. Got to be careful picking mushrooms here unless you know, quite a few have died from eating some that look like ones from their home country.

Would those be asians?

We have had some REALLY bad mass deaths among asian immigrants, because they mistake destroying angel amanita for a common good eating asian schroom.
Bad enough to prompt the government into printing a warning in English and having it distributed to all asian foodstores and restaurants here in order to alert as many in the asian population as possible.

Ya, people here are big on mushroom hunting. I know some folks that have eaten the bad ones. They didn't die, but maybe for awhile wished that they had.

Got invited to a wild party at a nearby drinking establishment. You can get a proper meal there if you want, but mainly they offer lots if various dishes to accompany your drinks. This place was a large chain operation that is quite inexpensive, close so I can just ride my bike there. The food was decent, I particularly liked the breaded shrimp and sushi....all kinds of different things kept being brought, but their draft beer I think is watered down. I drank a gin like substance and a couple glasses of beer, with all the food, I wasn't too keen on blowing myself up on bubbles. An unusual mix of people, from mothers with their young kids to some Harley riders, to even a few belly dancers, all friends of some people that I did a small amount of work for, and it was the celebration of the completed project. Parties and they all go nuts, a strange phenomenon in this country. I sat next to a traditional carpenter and enjoyed the discussion. I couldn't believe how much beer he consumed, while the lady on the other side was knocking them back pretty good herself. At one point I thought that she was going to kiss me, but she stopped short of getting sloppy. She really launched on into her night of drinking as soon as the bottles were brought out, I could tell that she much enjoys it. All very friendly people, and rode home at midnight, the cool fresh air felt real good.

Although drinking is going on, I like how children can hang out with adults at those kinds of get togethers. People are mindful of them and they can mingle and observe. I think it is a good experience, they don't get corrupted or anything bad like that. There was one very cute little girl that seemed to be particularly enjoying herself. She was socializing so much that i wondered which person was her mother. I guess she was about five, a beautiful child.

Yeah, for me every now and then those things are fun. You can meet some new folks, and everyone is very cordial. Some of those establishments are blasting every night, it might be possible to crash parties and seldom have to buy yourself dinner. It is a big part of the culture, people work hard and blow off steam.

We've got the phalloides, too.
But there is really no tasty eating shrooms to mistake it for, unless you are REALLY stupid, so that one doesn't kill as many.

Atlantic should be fine.
Stay away from those caught in in the Baltic sea, though.
They have enough heavy metals and other good stuff in them, that pregnant women are recommeded to avoid eating them:\: