What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

What does it taste like? I've drank the water pouring out of a big trunk I just ALAPed... it tasted fine, like bottled water. That surprised me.

The composition of the birch sap
Density juice 1,0007-1,0046 g / ml.
Dry matter content 0,7-4,6 g / l.
The ash content of 0.3-0.7 mg / l.
The total sugar content 0.5-2.3% (0,43-1,13% [6]).
Among the organic substances note essential oils, vitamins, saponins, betulol, more than 10 organic acids. Birch sap also can be used for making of the Russian national drink, which called - the kvas. Квас - это по-русски...

Tastes slightly, but only very slightly sweet.

When I made moonshine whiskey, I used birch sap to reduce it from cask strenght to drinkable, since we don't have any clean mountain Glens here.

Wasn't my dinner but I ate one of the best burgers I have ever had yesterday. Basic burger (Heaven Sent Beef Burger on their menu), no lettuce, easy BBQ sauce, add blue cheese, bacon and a few jalapenos. Delicious. From a place called Burger Heaven. Dont ban me!

101_4124 (Large).JPG 101_4123 (Large).JPG 101_4125 (Large).JPG 101_4127 (Large).JPG

Tastes slightly, but only very slightly sweet.

When I made moonshine whiskey, I used birch sap to reduce it from cask strenght to drinkable, since we don't have any clean mountain Glens here.

We birch sap not used for preparation moonshine for out of it turns wood alcohol, and it is very dangerous ...

We birch sap not used for preparation moonshine for out of it turns wood alcohol, and it is very dangerous ...

I didn't distill it, Andrew.

I used it to thin down the 60% whiskey that came out of the cask down to 40% , so no worries:)

Also, on a good still, wood alcohol aka. methanol isn't a problem, since it boils at 64,7 degrees Celsius as opposed to ethanol, the GOOD stuff that boils at 78,4 degrees.
So a good column takes care of separating the methanol out.

I didn't distill it, Andrew.

I used it to thin down the 60% whiskey that came out of the cask down to 40% , so no worries:)

Also, on a good still, wood alcohol aka. methanol isn't a problem, since it boils at 64,7 degrees Celsius as opposed to ethanol, the GOOD stuff that boils at 78,4 degrees.
So a good column takes care of separating the methanol out.
Oh, that's it! Yes you are gourmand!:)

Shredded the leftover venison from that earlier dinner and made a pot of Lamb Vindaloo, but with the venison instead of lamb.
Turned out quite nicely over basmati rice and asparagus and fresh sliced tomatoes from the dwindling garden fare.
Water flavored with lemon balm leaves to drink.
(Also made a salmon filet with a mayo, garlic, thyme and dill weed sauce on it for the Mrs. as the Vindaloo was too 'spicy hot' for her tastes).

We've got a freeze coming so I'll have to salvage what I can of the tomatoes before Sunday evening .More fried green tomatoes ,yum .