What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

They thought of it waaaaay back.
In fact, they ate so many that we find the places where they tossed the shells all over Denmark.
Køkken mødding in Danish, translates to Kitchen midden:

Most of the dry ground in the southwest part of the Everglades is based on oyster shell mounds. Some of them dozens of acres, tens of feet high.

Anyone ever have those Nacho Fries from Taco Bell? I swear they are the best fries in the game and they come with dipping sauces, like nacho cheese. They're zesty and spicy. It's orgasmic. Just saying. Next time you go to Taco Bell, I highly recommend being adventurous and trying them.

But yeah, I ordered Taco Bell and had those fries and some crunchy tacos. Yesterday I had lasagna. Nothing special.

I want to eat pork ribs so badly right now. Damn right! Sop it up with a biscuit! haha :D

I get the exact same thing every time I go to TacoBell. Bottom end crunchy tacos, and a bean burrito. I vary the number of tacos based on how hungry I am.

Fasting whilst working hard, T-Day eve tradition. Build calorie deficit for filling tomorrow. If I stay home, I'll be stuffed, if we make the rounds, no less than five variations of turkey. And that's just oven techniques.

Stikine inspired me to do the Cauliflower soup.
Today was soup weather.
High winds and rain...............planting in the mud..........misery.
The dog enjoyed it, I was thinking they must have been fresh out of rats when I was born, and turned me into a tree guy instead.

Almost made me wish I hadn't nixed kids.
Except for the meat, of course.
The mail order bride is in Schweiz.
Her architect son has "open door day" on a 3 storied apartment building, all in wood" and the proud mother is showing up as a surprise.
So around here that means hubby is laying on the couch, watching soccer while eating potato chips and drinking Calsberg beer from cans.

Since I don't have a TV, don't drink beer from cans and
hate sports, I decided to do other wise:

Fresh made spaghetti with homemade pesto.
A green salad with olive oil from my little hipster importer and Turkish feta cheese made by goat milk.
Not bad at all.

I've been wanting to try Georgian wine for a long time.
The whole Kvevri thing.
Found an importer and bought a bottle of their orange wine.
Interesting, but not something I'd cross the street for.
6000 year old tradition, one would think they had learned to do better.
Big disappointment.

Oops! Was gonna post this last night but... We went out for one of our favorites. Chili Verde, from Los Corrales, in Pinetop AZ. Don't bother with the one in Show Low, Pinetop is the original location, and they just do it better. Make sure you ask for queso blanco, it really makes the dish. 20230319_184629.jpg 20230319_184624.jpg

Also, they make good margaritas... I guess, I always have to drive...

Dominoes. Our local one offers hatch green chilies as a topping now, and my wife is hooked.

Ya know, she's a phenomenal cook, absolutely top tier. But she likes eating out. She says she's lazy. Not me, I didn't say that, but she does.

Also @flushcut brother she needs help with both her Tikka masala and her buttered chicken. The flavor is right, so far as we can tell, but it's not spicy enough. Cayenne? What? HELP US PLEASE!

Hungarian mushroom soup tonight.
[Ahttps://gypsyplate.com/hungarian-mushroom-soup/#recipe-cardTTACH=full]134150[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_185441_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231201_185441_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Dominoes. Our local one offers hatch green chilies as a topping now, and my wife is hooked.

Ya know, she's a phenomenal cook, absolutely top tier. But she likes eating out. She says she's lazy. Not me, I didn't say that, but she does.

Also @flushcut brother she needs help with both her Tikka masala and her buttered chicken. The flavor is right, so far as we can tell, but it's not spicy enough. Cayenne? What? HELP US PLEASE!
I like to add Thai chilies, fresh if you can find them. The original Siracha is good and a hot sauce called Da Bomb if you want real heat but adds little flavor. Cayenne is good but to me brings a slightly off flavor IMO. Plus butter chicken is traditionally not a spicy(hot) dish more creamy and flavorful.

With all Indian cooking add the whole dry spices first to the hot dry pan and toast them before adding gee(clarified butter) add your onions and tomatoes reduce to low heat and carmalize the crap out of that mixture. Once the onions are a snotty brown looking color and the tomatoes are just about paste like consistency then you add your other ingredients. That technique will cover the base for many Indian dishes. In both masala and butter chicken use plain unsweetened yogurt as the cream.

I like to add Thai chilies, fresh if you can find them. The original Siracha is good and a hot sauce called Da Bomb if you want real heat but adds little flavor. Cayenne is good but to me brings a slightly off flavor IMO. Plus butter chicken is traditionally not a spicy(hot) dish more creamy and flavorful.

With all Indian cooking add the whole dry spices first to the hot dry pan and toast them before adding gee(clarified butter) add your onions and tomatoes reduce to low heat and carmalize the crap out of that mixture. Once the onions are a snotty brown looking color and the tomatoes are just about paste like consistency then you add your other ingredients. That technique will cover the base for many Indian dishes. In both masala and butter chicken use plain unsweetened yogurt as the cream.
Thanks Rajan!

My local Turkish vegetable pusher had large bunches of fresh Dill, so I decided to make "Gschweuti"

Basically unpeeled steamed potatoes, that are served with a herbed quark or sour cream, salad and some kind of dead animal ( I omit the latter!)

Day after we use the rest of the potatoes for Rösti.