What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Went to America's Diner, Denny's! Yeah it's basically, but it's as predictable, and that's what we go there. Had the turkey and dressing. Bird was a bit bland the dressing a tad salty. Yet still precious little survived. Kathryn Victoria had Mac and cheese. Which she never finishes. I don't blame her, I won't even touch the stuff. IMG_20231113_193019109_HDR.jpg IMG_20231113_193409331.jpg

I like Dennys. I used to have one less than a mile from me, but they closed up years ago. McDonalds prices, but better and more varied food. I'm a fan of old school greasy spoon diners anyway, especially the real oldies in the original diner cars. Those are getting hard to find these days.

More importantly, where did their friends go! I love kabobs, those looked delicious too!
Round two is awaiting assembly Kyle.

Tonight was bbq again: home made hamburgers, meat from a proper butcher, a roast veggie/fruit assembly of red pepper/tomato/apple/blueberry done on the bbq...the burgers put on mashed potato patties that had been roasted in the oven and both covered in cheddar cheese. Garnish of parsely from the garden. Gluten free...
IMG_20231114_172354_01.jpg IMG_20231114_173933_01.jpg
I smashed the lot, went for a walk, came home had a bit of ice-cream.

Difficult day today, food therapy.

We were always wood bbq'rs before moving but someone gave me a BabyQ Webber gas bbq.
Its convenient, and the grill is nicely seasoned, it does the job.
As well, bbq season coincides with bushfire season here and open fire is a no-no for a lot of the time.
Mind, you. I've been know to bbq in the winter with a head torch, puffer jacket and a beanie, just to cook a steak because i will NOT fry a steak in the pan on the electric stove.

I can cook a steak by pert near any method. But I do have preferences. Like Bermy, fire restrictions are a big deal here, so I can do a fine job with propane. That tri tip however, was grass raised, grass finished, marinating for a week. I would have never used propane, I'd have taken the damn thing to the nearest forest tire