What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

@CurSedVoyce Levi is literally, hands down, one of the coolest goddamn names I've ever heard during my 34 years of existence on this planet. Who is Levi to you? In this day and age, I'm not going to assume they are a he or a she. =-D

@stikine On the topic of salad tossing, I like to encapsulate my salad in between two bowls and, after adding all of the ingredients (for a single serving) including the dressing, I close the two bowls together and shake violently, resulting in a perfectly tossed salad with empirically accurate dressing distribution haha Try to switch from up and down motions, to side to side, to forward and back, and experiment with various axis of shaking. What would you rather clean? A bowl or those two utensils with weird cutouts for a poorer distribution of parts? With my method, you are also never at risk of dropping anything onto the table and it takes fraction of the time.

EDIT: This won't work with mutliple servings as your bowls will likely be too heavy combined to make aggressive enough motions. But I'd say three servings max and you can pull this off. If you use plasticware, then you can go onto make many more servings this way without any troubles.

Last edited:
Jalapeno Poppers, curly fries, chicken tenders -- all from the store and all in the oven. I carefully had to orchestrate the cooking times on a single, large baking sheet. Everything turned out great; and most of it was on sale. Not sure why because it's pretty epic. *currently feeding his face with the aforementioned baked goods* Nom nom nom nom.

Light fare today, a green salad with tomato and red onion, all fresh from the garden and some garlic/fresh Rosemary croutons.

Spiced up with a bottle of Champagne.

Mail order bride's birthday.

Reaon for the light fare is, we stayed overnight yesterday at an old ferry inn.
Seawards view from the balcony and the restaurant, always a hit with a Swiss gal.
It was my birthday surprise for her.

The food was excellent, but quite heavy and we both ate too much.
So today was atonement day for that.

Crappy weather today, so I made Harira soup.
A spicy, warming soup, one of my favourites.
I can't make it hot on account of the mail order bride, but a big spoonfull of the new Pineapple Habanero hot sauce stirred into my portion...............................heaven!

What about breakfast? I have found lemonade to be a good replacement for milk in granola cereal. It tastes like lemon cookies.

Where has this been all of my life? This was my quick breakfast this morning and, despite having tried TONS of jerky throughout my lifetime (even having made my own), I had honestly never seen bacon jerky like this. When I bought it, I was skeptical. But after trying it today, I'm in love. It's pretty greasy, though, but that's kind of something you learn to love as a bacon enthusiast like myself. In my younger years, I used to cook an entire pound of bacon so that it was nice and crispy and eat all of it either by itself or with a huge Belgian waffle, grits, scrambled egg or omelet breakfast/brinner. But I digress...

I found this gem at my local grocery store. If you love bacon and want to be able to eat it on the go, no matter where, no matter when, then you should definitely investigate the world of bacon jerky. The particular brand in the image says the "smoke flavor" is "added," which I am not sure how I feel about that. However, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't freaking delicious. Oh man, it completely turned my frown upside down. I feel rejuvenated. This legit tastes exactly like bacon straight off of the skillet.

Anyone else on here a jerky fanatic? What's your favorite kind? Is anyone aware of any other exotic types of jerky worth trying?

PXL_20231015_181732580.jpg

Dried pig weirds me out a bit due to trichinosis. Probably isn't a concern with highly processed dry meat, but that's where my head goes. I have had it before and enjoyed it. I like biltong. No added sugar of any substance, and I like the spicing.