What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

The mail order bride has lost all taste and smell to Corona.
I was WAY sicker than her and can taste and smell just fine.Weird friggin' virus.
Sorry BTW for introducing Corona to yet another thread.

So, after telling her that since she can't taste it anyway, I'd just make oat porridge for a month, I thought: She can't taste, but she can see.

So: Red beet "pesto" it is.
Beets, garlic, Greek feta cheese ( 75 grammes, ain't gonna frig with the no colesterol programme, much) capers, walnuts, olive oil and some spices.

Looked fantastic and tasted way better than I expected.

More like Tapenade than Pesto, but goooood.

Add a scredded carrot salad and you have most of the colors .

838EF8A3-E967-4C90-9E8C-925160D4EB1E.jpeg 88D1295C-7969-4109-BE6F-F497FE934C15.jpeg 2F5BFD31-2130-4876-91A5-C15E6A512B12.jpeg DB95EE24-6D74-4AD1-A89D-B487D27E957B.jpeg Today was a festive dinner on the occasion of my birthday. By tradition, it all started with a salad. The salad consisted of strawberries, beetroot, mango and Mozzarella cheese. It was all with mango sauce. Then there was fried fish. This is a unique fish. This fish in Russia is available only in St. Petersburg, and on the opposite edge of our vast country, in the city of Vladivostok. Fresh, this fish smells like fresh cucumbers. During the heat treatment process, this smell disappears. The fish is very fresh - caught this morning. There was a lot of caviar in each fish. Then there was black tea with mint and a unique carrot cake. Modestly, but with taste :) 1A9BDAAE-E881-4F9D-A43D-D4BE5A670EB9.jpeg Dinner was held in a cozy restaurant with live music.

Last edited:
The presentation is beautiful!
Some good looking plates :)

We were working on Valentine’s Day, so celebrated that yesterday. Went to go see the movie “ Uncharted” , was pretty good, Tom Holland is a pretty good actor. Before that we did dinner at Buffalo’s best Mexican restaurant, it was delicious. The pork carnitas burrito was my favorite, the chicken one was kinda dry, but tasted nice, the steak burrito was great. Toni had a chicken with roasted veggies dish, I forgot the name of it. Finally crossed fried ice cream off my bucket list. Delicious, but I would like to try it with chocolate ice cream.
2D31E543-D693-43F3-9D01-B496CD05E572.jpeg E2042F1F-53B9-48EC-97FE-526F06EFD5FA.jpeg
1BD647AF-0F1A-4566-904E-B00FD8728F38.jpeg

Glad I didn’t open this an hour ago! Andre that looked amazing. Jonny I feel heavy just looking at that. Both of you made me a bit less proud of the cheeseburgers I just cooked and ate.
While grilling those I browned a few pounds for chili tomorrow. Also chopped up the onion to make it easy on Samantha in the morning.

Adult night. I took them on mothers day last time.
Savoury's. One of Mariposa's finest. Best steak here. Katy will probably have the Salmon. She loves the Salmon.
I've known the chef/owner for many years. I've mentioned Gerry and Terry dined there once with us.
The best place to have salmon is always a restaurant, unless you’re planking it outdoors or some other setup where you don’t have to smell it for the next 2 days. I refuse to cook salmon indoors at my home.

Not familiar. Just looked up pics, and I'm skeptical it's something I'd like either, but ya never know. Sometimes I'm surprised by something I'm sure I won't like.

The oysters were not bad at all actually.

The recipe did not mention rinsing the oysters...said to use the liquor. They were a bit gritty.

The grit was the only thing I didn't like about it.

Pretty much the first oyster I ever ate that wasn't smoked in a can.