What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Simple fair here. Garlic herb chicken tortellini with marinara.
Could not find the glutin free ravioli I buy Katy, so she enjoyed some left over chicken soup i made from that roasted chicken.

Ribs were on sale at Publix today, so that's what's for dinner tonight. I do a 3-step cooking process: simmer them for an hour or so in a marinade that I make up as I go, brush with honey/mustard/bbq sauce and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or so, then finish on the grill so they're nice and crispy brown. Juicy, tender, fall off the bone, finger-lickin' good!

Sounds similar to how I cook mine as well. I simmer in roasting pans in the oven for about 1.5 - 2 hours in a marinade and rub after scoring. Then chill. Then marinade in my own sauce over night. Then onto the bbq after coming back up to room temp . Basting with sauce as they glaze.

Today's marinade was made with beef broth, a bottle of WishBone Italian dressing, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, honey, a dash of bbq sauce, a shot or two of Seagram's Seven just because I had the bottle handy for my eggnog, and some spices; rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sea salt, and bay leaves. Some sliced apples and limes went in there as well.

Very similar indeed. I use a lot of the same ingredients. I use citrus and honey in the sauce. The marinade is 1/3 apple cider vinegar 2/3 water, salt, and the rub seasoning. Sauce is all the same on the seasoning as the rub in a chili sauce and citrus (orange mostly), honey base. Still add bown sugar, little maple syrup, mustard, red wine, splashes of Worcestershire. Garlic and shallots are ground fresh into the sauce. I omit the rosemary but use thyme.

Today's marinade was made with beef broth, a bottle of WishBone Italian dressing, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, honey, a dash of bbq sauce, a shot or two of Seagram's Seven just because I had the bottle handy for my eggnog, and some spices; rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sea salt, and bay leaves. Some sliced apples and limes went in there as well.
haha, it's eggnog season already in Florida?

This is a great Alaska cookbook. Some real classics as long as you have a cast iron stomach, lol. If anyone wants the complete version of "stink heads" let me know and I'll scan it. :D

IMG_20211016_151301.jpg IMG_20211016_151312.jpg

You know B, I really don't. Sometimes something shows up on my phone that I try. Other times I just buy a jar of a curry and go for it.

Sounds like my kitchen technique. Well, so far in over 40 years of cooking for my dear lady I've never heard a murmurin' word of complaint, so we must be doing it close enough to right, Austin :).