What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

M made her perfecto white/whole wheat pizza crust tonight. Scratch made spicy tomato sauce simmered a couple of hours; our garden provided sliced tiny zucchini and cherry tomatoes, then she added some pineapple, mushrooms, avocado. Topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Went down good, washed with a glass of middling pinot noir :).

The heat wave, we are having has made the vegetables get way ahead of me.
So right now the meny is determined by what needs to be eaten.

Baba Ganoush, to wipe out some eggplants, beets cooked under the broiler with some Creme fraiche with garlic and a salad with Turkish goat milk Feta.
A Wheat beer from our local micro brewery for the mail order bride.

Stopped by the fish monger and got fish & chips, and fried Brussels sprouts with OldBay. Tasted good. Haven't been eating out as much since covid. Everything's just more of a hassle I don't feel like dealing with, but it's saved me a bunch of money. Eating out is my biggest frivolous expense.

Are you doing a low carb diet, Carl?
Takes a little getting used to at first, but I love it. Lots of my favorite foods are low carb. Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and green beans tonight.

Short term, yes. Long term my plan is to go back to a much more inclusive calorie budgeting life. I dropped a bunch of weight with low carb back in 2018, but long term, low carb isn't how I want to live. I started Noom back in December and went until the gyms closed. Dropping some weight then getting back on that ideology (calorie budgeting).

I'm sure the "eat a lot of meat to lose weight" thing works, but on the other hand, show me a fat vegetarian.
I've never seen one.

We'll be having Gazpacho today. Orange Gazpacho.
I picked all the ripe tomatoes in the tunnel today, some 40 pds.
I have a great orange cherry tomato " Sun Gold" that is the sweetest, most delicious, snack tomato, ever.
I usually grow a bunch of those and bring lots to work, where everybody gobbles them up.
Since I also have some orange bell peppers, I decided to try to make an orange version of Gazpacho.

The rest are simmering on the stove, turning into spaghetti/pizza sauce for winter use.

I'm sure the "eat a lot of meat to lose weight" thing works, but on the other hand, show me a fat vegetarian...

It’t not eating meat, it’s not eating carbs... nothing revolutionary. Plants aren’t very energy dense, not revolutionary. Processed foods are hugely dense in calories, which we’re not very well adapted to appreciate in terms of satiation.

I’ll pass on not eating meat tho...
C7FF327F-CE1D-4D82-A4A3-117BFFEC1E93.jpeg