What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Now THAT will come in handy... Headed back to the land of ice and snow tomorrow evening.

Lovely big pot of black bean soup on the stove, brown rice cooking in the steamer, gonna throw a salad together as soon as the lady gets in from the gym :).

Had a birthday bash for one of my boys tonight. He ordered bbq babyback ribs, corn on the cob, potatoe salad and keylime cheesecake for dessert.............I am stuffed!

Ordered a deep dish pizza here, some good! I weighed it at home, 4lbs 6oz!
mrg30x.jpg

Hardly, we shared it. I had two good sized pieces (the half with the hot peppers was for me) and a big glass of juice. Will likely have another for a snack later. No need for gluttony.

Making some zucchini quiche with some zucchini we shredded from last year. With 2 cheeses, peppers, shrooms, red onion and one with some ham thrown in. :D Should be yummy :)

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
Indeed. I made a request for quiche a few nights ago, didnt pan out. Maybe I will get one together for tomorrows supper. We usually geek out and get the Costco ones, do you have a no brainer recipe you are willing to share?

I eye ball everything :lol:
I used 2 pints of heavy cream to 12 large eggs.
Probably about 2# of cheese (1# of each)
1 med sized red onion
1 large red bell pepper
8 ozs chopped shrooms
About the same amount of shredded zucchini to the total of the other veggies.
I sautéed the pepper, onion and mushrooms with a pinch of thyme, black pepper to taste, and a teaspoon of minced garlic as the veggies started to glaze till bloom. De-glazed the pan with white wine and reduced liquid to almost nill.
I did not cook the zucchini because how fine it was shredded with a cheese grater.
Cheated on the pie crusts, bought ready made rolled up and used that.
Lay the crust in a lightly oiled and floured pie plate.
Then I layer everything in..
veggies, cheese
creme egg mix
zucchini, cheese,
more egg creme mix
top with cheese.
Cook at 325 in a conventional oven...
300 in a convection.
Just shake lightly to see if the eggs stiffen and top cheese is done.
Remove from oven and let rest 10 mins..
Cut and serve.

Sometimes I will add Parmesan cheese in the cheese layers for a zippy taste. Often times that also has me slicing tomatoes real thin too for just under the cheese topping when I do. Just seems to go together.
The layering has to allow for the creme egg mix to penetrate and surround all the ingredients.

This yielded two shallow tins and two deeper glass pie pans
Probably would have been 3 of the larger..
Shallow tins are good for the kids as they cook quicker and not as over whelming on the plate..