What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ardbeg-10-year-old-escape-pack-1138253-s702.jpg

Not my pic obviously, but this is the set I got the bottle from; Last year I think. The box is broken, but I still have the glasses. I like the glasses more for akvavit and vodka than scotch.

I drank one of the Shiner Holiday Cheer beers I showed in the other thread. I got a 12pack, but I should have gotten a 6. It's not bad, just a bit /much/. Too peachy, and too sweet for my tastes. I could never drink more than one at a time. They'll be gone by the time drinking season's done. I won't get it again.

xxl-10015-dalmore-12-new.jpg

Haven't had this in a long time. I remember when they were first pushing into the US, and it was the best bargain around. The equal of Macallan, but $10 cheaper at $25. Pretty much priced at blend prices. I think I paid $60 for this bottle :^/

I did a scotch tasting a few years ago by the distributor of Dalmore and a few others. That was a good one, and the 15 and 18 year were both just short of phenomenal. They even gave us a $15 coupon towards a bottle in the store (a bonus on top of the Wegman's gift card that was part of the whole tasting). Wegmans by me used to do wine & beer tastings you bought $10 tickets to. They would pair the booze with food samples from their food court. The gift card was part of the deal, meaning it was an essentially free event. Covidiocy ended those, and they haven't done them since. 😭

Our groceries don't do alcohol here. Not something I'd usually care about, but I see interesting stuff showup at aldi, and of course isn't available here.

Well, Junior got one of his frat brothers to buy him a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year, and we polished it off before a basketball game today we saw b4 hitting the road. More updates on that later...

My testicle operation has gotten infected.
So I'm eating penicilline while feeling like I've been kicked in the groin by a Giraffe.
Doubt I'll make it to work this year.
So, feeling sorry for myself, since nobody else are ( the mail order bride will sidle up to me, cuddle and ask: So, how about some sex, and then die laughing, when I scream and run away.................................she has a weird sense of humor!)
I opened a bottle of 2011 Faustino Gran Reserva.
Good, but at the end of it's time.
The fruit is pretty much gone, but so are the tannins.
What is left is something that feels like an old wine.

Attachments

• 20221220_155203(0).jpg
    20221220_155203(0).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
207126-1-1580592616.png

Goes well with being chilly and wet. Got a fire going now, and I'll hopefully be off work til next year. Depends on if my main construction client needs me or not.

I had a glass of that in a Hotel in Prag once.
Company summer trip.
Was wonderful.
Enjoy.

I usually get some Danish mead this time of year, but I had so much other stuff in my cart, I didn't bother. Winter's a good time for mead.

I'm putting this in the drinks thread, because I think that is were it belongs.
A really good, well explanained history of Absinthe, the green fairy or as my Swiss wife says: "Gifee".
When I refound the mail order bride after 40 years, she plied me with a bottle of Absinthe from before it was prohibited.
So I have a special relationship with that drink :)

Absinthe is pretty good. I only had it once as part of a sazarac in a Baltimore "speakeasy"(read hipster bar). I should buy a bottle some time.

Not drinking it this minute, but I got another pack today...

SBI92.png

It's pretty good, especially if expectations are adjusted. Regular egg nog can be a bit much. Very heavy, and very sweet. This tastes good, but is a lot lighter. You don't feel like you ate the contents of the fridge after a glass.

Back