What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Oh, I realized that you are well versed in caviar. This is really Chum salmon. This caviar is quite large, and there is no bitterness in it, unlike coho caviar.
You would be amazed at how much Chum salmon is commercially caught around here. Virtually all the eggs that are stripped go to foreign markets and I've never even tried chum caviar.

Now I know that you are really a true connoisseur of books!) If by the will of fate you find yourself in St. Petersburg, then I suggest you organize a joint reading of interesting books!)

Если это действительно сбудется. затем, к своему удивлению, вы поймете, что первый том (500 страниц) на самом деле не является концом книги) Вся интрига начинается только после этого!)

Catch-up post here:

Got this from a neighbor on Monday for giving him a cedar stem, and moving stuff on his property w/the Dingo. Doesn't beat the B&B ESB, but still very good:

esb.jpg

Had this from neighbor for dinner last night. Another fine quaff:

bsa.jpg

I opened this and shared w/neighbor. It was my nightcap last night:

sp.jpg

Another neighbor tasty I had w/dinner tonight:

stout.jpg

9EAED0D6-ED38-4C28-AD3B-B2BF63DB5300.jpeg Today I decided to read a rather interesting book called ,,Akhtamar,,. This book has been written for 10 years. Almost two and a half thousand years ago, Hippocrates said: ...A person is what he eats..... After reading a few pages of this book, I came to the conclusion that a person is not only what he eats, but also what he drinks!) Unfortunately, reading this book was limited to only three paragraphs, because tomorrow I have a job waiting for me...

Last edited:
Today is a foam party) I decided to drink some dark German beer. According to the Russian tradition, beer is drunk with fish and other seafood. I have lightly salted trout, pickled fish and tender meat of kamchatka crab on my table. A little Maasdam cheese and three slices of rye bread. What beer snacks do you like?
View attachment 122743
Man that food looks great!! Maasdam sounds like the same family that makes rope pullers. Any relation?

Today I decided to read a small brochure called Paulaner Salvator. This is a strong dark Bavarian beer with an alcohol content of 7.9% - 5955CA8B-B0AB-4D6D-97F0-915A1E131AC5.jpeg 3DD304CD-DC06-4ABB-B18E-0445193950ED.jpeg I ate traditional Russian snacks for this beer - hot boiled shrimp, low-fat hot smoked fish and a little salad with herring - DD863869-33C5-4C41-A9FE-224D7415797E.jpeg P.S. I really hope that this time Stikine did not get a psychological trauma ...)

Last edited:
Are the herring smoked Andrey?
Salaka (Baltic herring) is a subspecies of Atlantic herring that lives in the waters of the Baltic Sea (Kaliningrad and the Curonian Lagoon). The length of an adult reaches 20 cm, and the mass does not exceed 50 g. It is a small fish with a rounded belly, well-developed coulter teeth, an elongated silvery body and a dark back. In appearance, it resembles an Atlantic herring. Wikipedia.

Back