What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
peat-monster-CB-600x600-2x.jpg

Chilly and wet today, so a good time for something smokey. Started off warm, so I let my fire burn out. 56° at the thermostat currently. I'll let it drop to ~52° before I get the fire going again. Supposed to be cold tonight and tomorrow.

This one needs it's own post. Specialty brew checking in at 18.2%. Surprisingly tasty and not even in the realm of barley wine:

td_182.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sam Smith makes great beer. One of my top favorites for sure. When I want something nice, it's on the short list.

I'm not a coconut fan, but I'd definitely give it a try. I've got a friend who's in love w/coconut, and wishes he could find a beer flavored as such (all he's tried so far came up short). Austin, did the coconut flavor stand out? And did it still maintain a traditional porter taste, or did it lean more towards chocolate/coffee styled porters?

It definitely has a coconut flavor and is more on the traditional Porter taste style. As a general rule I like coconut but I prefer a straight up traditional Porter.

A little bit of this is on the menu tonight.View attachment 119173
Wonderful drink there!
There’s a stout cask one too, and I very much prefer the IPA cask. Which is odd, because if I’m drinking beer, I LOVE stouts, and think IPAs taste and smell like the rear end of a menstruating skunk.

Pinot noir for me this evening, Yellow tail from Australia. Not very good. I should’ve spent the extra 3$ for Apothic vineyard.

Enjoying this with dessert tonight. From Three 3's Brewing in the unofficial blueberry capital of the blueberry contingency in this state (Hammonton). We usually go picking down that area every summer. This is a very over-the-top coffee porter, but still so tasty. (6.0% ABV):

33CP.jpg

Back