The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

What Are You Drinking Tonight?

stikine

Treehouser
:^D

Drinking season's over for the most part. Probably be occasional lightish beer, then G&T season starts when it gets really hot late June/July. Just isn't as satisfying as sitting in front of the stove with a glass of scotch.

Can't believe winter's gone already, and I'm back to doing dumb shit like making grass shorter. I hate summer so much... Time goes by fast enough when you get older, but I find myself wishing it would go even faster through the summer months. My perfect year would be 8 months of fall, 3 months of winter, 30 days of spring, and 1 day of summer, just so I could appreciate what I had with the rest of the year.
This does sound like a move is in order. Maryland doesn't fit that wish. Just saying ☺.

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
I guess that should be about ripe by now.
Sounds like a fine glass of wine.

lxskllr

Treehouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I should start thinking about doing taxes. Talisker would be good motivation for getting it done :^)

lxskllr

Treehouser

Got it today. Good warm weather beer. Light, but still flavorful. Also got a bottle of Christian Brothers VS brandy. Further exploring the bottom end of the brandy selection. One could do worse for $10/bottle, but I wouldn't call it good. It's drinkable without hating life, and even sort of enjoyable in it's own way, but Paul Masson is better for $3 more. If you win the lottery or something, and want to really splurge on brandy, $25 will get you a really good experience, and paying much more than that doesn't get you much more ime.

I started all this cause I was amazed at how much you got for your money, and how little it improved over a certain amount. I wanted to see just how cheap you could go, and still have something drinkable. So far, it appears to be $10. Could you imagine a $10 bottle of bourbon? I doubt it would be good enough for cleaning toilets :^D

lxskllr

Treehouser
That is a good one, but I haven't bought it in awhile. $32 doesn't sound bad for an AK price. I think it's around $25 here.

lxskllr

Treehouser
For Republican Irish on a budget, I'm fond of Tullamore Dew. Red Breast is nice if you have some money to burn. Black Bush is a good protestant whiskey, and probably my favorite without spending a lot of money/

lxskllr

Treehouser
I think it's the first time I've had it. Stout is my goto, particularly Guinness. It's not necessarily the best, but it's reliable, and always good. It's also the first beer I had I truly enjoyed, rather than drinking some bottom end crap at a school party, so there's some nostalgia factor there too. I've spent a lot of time focusing on the ale end of the spectrum, and neglected the lagers. I'll certainly buy it again.

lxskllr

Treehouser
Probably a little late, but I always get more back when I drink *before* doing taxes. Forgot this year :^/

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!