Turning all your brushwwod into firewood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Engined version for Jay -

Edit: just realized Wally already posted this.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ytogT81EIvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish I had a use for my brushwood other than burning it. Of course, it makes a great bonfire, and when it's right out in the front yard, it's nice to sit out there and watch it burn!:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 10
Looks like the engine one handles smaller sized timber...I could see a market for that here, at the campgrounds the firewood the parks people leave is usually quite big and you find yourself tramping off into the bush to get kindling...several people I know have wood fired ranges/hot water...sounds like the thing is lickin' it's chops when the wood's going through!

Done that way since time immemorial in central Europe.

When I logged in Switzerland, we cut all firewood to that length. Then it was sledded out of the woods and recut to whatever measure the buyer wanted.

And yes, I mean sledded.
We used horses on the mountainsides. That was the second best thing about logging in Schweiz, working with draft horses.

The best was walking down off the mountain after work in winter, when the 3 big ones, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau were shining rosecoloured with the setting sun's last light. That is my absolute # 1 favourite logging memory.

The German word for it is Alpenglühen. Erik may appreciate that one:)

Don't know about Erik, but I sure can appreciate...taken at our favorite secret backpack campsite on the north side of Mt. Hood.

Alpenglow, we say here.

Attachments

• Dscn1406.jpg
    Dscn1406.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 9
Beautiful!

I am really liking that machine. If I were to have an out door boiler/heater wood fired, that would be the thing. If you could burn it bag and all, that would be even better if the fire box would handle it.

Did I miss it or did it not show a bag being filled with material from brush? Don't see how anybody would buy what I imagine that looking like for anything around here, the product from the scrap wood on the other hand might work for lazy folks that dont wanna make their own kindling.

Sounds cool though, whats inside it :D?

I would like to see the finished product, unless I missed it.

Anybody think that machine is even scarier than a regular woodchipper? Like it would make your arm into recognizable 6' chunks instead of just tiny little chips...:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I think its a little scary, notice that it rips in those big bushy branches without even missing a beat? you'd never see an ordinary 6" chipper do that. Thats why I'd be putting a safety bar like a regular chipper on there. I think those sacks are brilliant for selling to campers etc, because the brush gets chopped into a nice pile of kindling, and is ready in the top of the sack.

Those big bags are designed to be dropped completely into a gasifier log boiler -

euro-cutaway.jpg

Thats what I would love for this house. Once I get all the back decking in, I could incorporate on of those into our hot water and heating system right out back, or aside the house. Heck, just pruning the trees in the back yard would run it for the better part of a year :lol:

Back