Tree felling vids

So you were able to dub that in, huh? Your video skills are improving;)

Why not cut both at the same time with two sawyers? Just didn't seem necessary?

Seems like the first tree was going to want to split the second tree more after releasing the back cut. Thanks.

So you were able to dub that in, huh? Your video skills are improving;)

:D

Just the plan we worked up.

I agree, the front tree was always most likely to slab. No reason not to chain both though, especially when you're going to be under one of them

Why not cut the first one ( The one the second one is leaning against) first, keeping an eye on the second one?

Why not shut up, Stig.
Willies method worked fine.

Haha, yeah Stig! Actually there were scout cabins, I was afraid root pull could swing it. We actually moved one with the loader and when everything landed well, we put it back. Not to mention if the back one didn't fall, it could've shifted and become more awkward. There was a water riser and electrical for the cabin we moved just right of the fall.

hahahha....gawdamighty!! Cool under fire, for sure...superb efficiency of movement, coordination, timing, setup...so many elements masterfully put together.
like the Mayweather of tree falling. That was quick for a wraptor boy.

Nice work Willie and Stephen. Enjoyed those with an omlette.

Part one of the ponderosa video is done.
This is just some footage of the set up work. Nichelle wanted a video of it and Sean wanted to see some KK footage.
Little tour of the property and work zone.
KK devise set into tree. Throw line preset my climb line in the tree and a floating block for the removal of the lowest limbs over the roof to save me so]me time and climbing.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IHlMZnsgQxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here ya go boss... Getting on up there... LOL

Part two is pretty much limbing the spar. The dang limbs were terribly brittle. I was afraid of bad bouncing and such from uncontrolled behaviour from the limbs as they were cut. We lowered most of them.
You can see what I men at about 1:10 when we were just putting a little tension on the limb with the KK devise. I made the face cut and SNAP!. Limb still swung off the roof, but is was far from a controlled hinge effect I prefer.
Little guest star at 4 minutes in,... Left over from the butterfly festival..
Unfortunately, I had battery issues with my helmet and had to switch out nixing the GoPro for the topping :(
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lVnl-B2HE8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rob caught one of the chunks with his pad....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q00PxsI7ZLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nichelle caught me beating some wedges and the felling of the spar but put them on YouTube. I can't get them from her thus far :(

I hate roping one pine limb at a time. I like tieing 2 or 3, even 4 at once on the same line and when I send them down I'll use the other end of the bullrope to rig another run. I like using both ends of my rope in pines.

I did some 2-3 ... But again... Further up.. Battery issue
So the smaller limbs went that way.. Larger.. not so much... Would have clogged up the DZ. Faster just one at a time instead of waiting for the ground to clear

I hate roping one pine limb at a time. I like tieing 2 or 3, even 4 at once on the same line and when I send them down I'll use the other end of the bullrope to rig another run. I like using both ends of my rope in pines.

Butch: Did you use just a half-hitch when you rigged the multiple limbs with the bull rope, or did you always go as far as a clove or cow hitch with each one. Sorry man: nerdy question.... part of an open running controversy at our shop.

Stephen: Your the man. Thanks for the flicks.

I start with a half hitch and finish up with a running bowline. I've rigged as many as 6 at a time. That gives me plenty of time to rig (from the tail) the next group.

I don't give groundies a break, so to speak. I wanna get my feet back on the ground, ASAP! :drink:

No use just sitting there waiting on them to get the rope back to you when you can just use the other end and expedite the job.

Back