Tree felling vids

You personally stuck in the ground over 6 million trees??

Simple..... I am a tree guy... I love trees, I kill them and plant them...
The ones that need to go go .... the ones that need planted are planted.
I probably have planted more than I have taken ...
Fact is... the beetles kill more than I do .... But I plant more than they do :P

Here's one from earlier this month.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PqOu1A4QbCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I planted a tree once. Didn't like it, digging, mud, cold, windy. Rather leave that to people who enjoy it.

Randy, It's great your wife helped you out, but you really needed a real groundman to run the ropes and land that work. You were doing way to much up there all by yourself. That last piece that flipped over shouldn't have. Be more careful and work within your means, my friend.

Hope you take this constructively. Many of your past videos were real good, but this one didn't show your best form.

Your friend always, Jerry B

We plant about 7-10 times as many as we kill.
Keeps our karma good.

Nick, I knew you weren't dissing loggers. I just felt like pulling your chain a bit.:)

Randy, It's great your wife helped you out, but you really needed a real groundman to run the ropes and land that work. You were doing way to much up there all by yourself. That last piece that flipped over shouldn't have. Be more careful and work within your means, my friend.

Hope you take this constructively. Many of your past videos were real good, but this one didn't show your best form.

Your friend always, Jerry B

Jerry,
I always appreciate and take constructively all the comments I get, especially yours with the experience and insight you have. :)
Working solo on most of my jobs I tend to take the "brunt" of the work anyway, kinda rare for me to have a groundie helping out.
For sure I've got so much more to learn with rigging in particular. The intent was to have that piece butt heavy, ended up being
just about perfectly balanced. I did anticipate the possibility of it flipping and wasn't surprised when it did, I was ready to move
"if needed".

Thanks again Jerry, I very much appreciate it.

Randy

Randy, I would drum up a young man eager to make some side cash and teach him to rope. Your work is clean and precise from what Ive seen. The major hang up I see from this video and past videos is the rough rigging. Shocking every piece that gets lowered in this video for instance. None of those pieces struck me as big enough to blow a rope or break the tree, but it can happen. Ive done it. With that said, I think if you get one particular individual to come and run your ropes and mold their methods to your style, you'll be one fire. Combining your skill, with more fluent roping is going to add up to more stumps at the days end and much mess work for you. Even after paying a guy, you'll make more money.

Randy, I would drum up a young man eager to make some side cash and teach him to rope. Your work is clean and precise from what Ive seen. The major hang up I see from this video and past videos is the rough rigging. Shocking every piece that gets lowered in this video for instance. None of those pieces struck me as big enough to blow a rope or break the tree, but it can happen. Ive done it. With that said, I think if you get one particular individual to come and run your ropes and mold their methods to your style, you'll be on fire. Combining your skill, with more fluent roping is going to add up to more stumps at the days end and much less work for you. Even after paying a guy, you'll make more money.

Thanks Chris, good advice for sure. :)
I will pursue that and try to get someone that's interested.

I appreciate the other comments in there as well, it's encouraging to hear from someone who works trees for a living.
I do spend a lot of "time and effort" in the tree getting the rigging worked out so I can run it safely myself, time better
spent wrecking out the tree..... :thumbup:

Randy, above all else, nice work. Really. I admire how controlled and methodical you are.

Thanks again Chris, that means a lot to me. :thumbupold:
All I want is to do good work, not by my standards, but by the standards of the ones who know what good work really is. :)

Randy, I don't have time for watching the video now. Have you considered a BMS Belay Spool if you work mainly by yourself? Its useful for having a groundie, too. I use mine all the time. I rarely bring out a porty and block (which works in my trees/ market, may or may not for you).

Randy, I don't have time for watching the video now. Have you considered a BMS Belay Spool if you work mainly by yourself? Its useful for having a groundie, too. I use mine all the time. I rarely bring out a porty and block (which works in my trees/ market, may or may not for you).

I don't really know much about 'em. :dontknow:
I'll take a look, thanks Sean.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....

Merry Christmas everyone!

I started a thread here, and there is a thread called O.L.D.S., on Treebuzz started by Tom Dunlap. I bumped them recently for Merle. You should be able to find them with the advanced search.

A great specialty tool, and cheap!

Here's a couple I dropped the day after Christmas.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yF1QUIWfYQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Randy, Ive not made comment on your work vids before, but I agree wholeheartedly with the others, you NEED a groundsman/woman, it will make your life a hella lot easier, they will only need to know a few simple knots, and how to use your portawrap. Damn it would be safer for you too, god forbid anything bad happens, they will be able to belay you to the ground, considering you have your SRT basal tied. Damn, for $50 a day you could get a green 16 year old, and if they are keen, teach them climbing too, for you have the skill yourself.

Have a happy new year dude - Benn

Not sure if I put this on here yet.... just rigging the last piece before dropping the stick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MoMPzYzeKBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Benn, I appreciate your input. With the way my "schedule" is it won't be easy but I'm gonna try to get someone..... :thumbup::)
.....nice work in the video by the way.....

You and your family have a safe and Happy New Year! :D
.....Randy

Benn, that's the kind of piece that would snap a bull rope if you were using a notch instead of a block;) Nice work.

Back