Tree felling vids

Nice 'lil tree! The guy running the ropes was pretty smooth! At 1:40, that limb you cut - I woulda come down below that fork and (using the weight of the first limb to pull over the second) tossed the top. I like that 'reach around and feel' thing you did at 8:40 - I do the same thing! :rockon:

Very nice video, Randy ... Good Job! Your Son did well! :thumbup:

BTW ... this is a FABULOUS PHOTO {clipped from your vid}: :)

RANDY'S 200T.jpg

Thanks! :D
I almost overlooked the opportunity to get some pictures with a camera(not the helmet cam),
I was chunkin' down the spar and took a look around and realized what a gorgeous view I had.
Sometimes I enjoy the treework so much I forget to stop for a minute and "take a look around"..... ;)

Nice Randy.

When negative rigging, cut the notch before tying the marl-running bowline or whatever. Use a slip knot to jam the rigging line in the block/rigSAVER whatever, cut the notch, rig it, then back cut. Also try and bring the rigging closer to the cut, right under your lanyard.

I loved seeing the SAVERS in action!

Was that all in choking config? Getting the rigging closer to the cut really decreases the shock load and makes it more efficient.

Notching first will prevent you from cutting your rope.

I don't think this went quite as planned :O

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KKaE4dFxP4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was horrific.

Nice clear video, Randy, well done. I could see your son gaining in confidence running the ropes. Time for him to get a hardhat too.

Just a quick set, cut, and pull.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/69R8FvCphCc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With trees that are dry in the top, it is a good idea to step well away before pulling.
I know of 3 guys here that were hurt badly by falling branches in a situation like that.
On a completely freestanding tree like yours, it is not so much of a risk.

Back