Tree felling vids

Oooh that's a bit harsh Nick...

Murphy if I passed you in the street I'd say 'Good Morning' like I do to everyone.

Murph loves treework, just like the rest of us, gotta be some good in that.

I'm not exactly certain what the point is in showing a take down where you knock over or delimb half the trees in a persons back yard .Anybody can do that .

Nor can I ever figure what the purpose of nit picking a removal which is safely done although not exactly to another persons liking .

So what's a successful removal ? To most of us it's one where there is no property damage and no injuries .Who really gives a hoot on a pull if you use a D9 Caterpillar ,a skid loader or a triple yoke of oxen . The results usually are the same except you don't need to clean up ox dropping which for all intents are just bull chit like some of the comments .;)

Beer yes indeed .The sun is in the western sky and the Buds' in the refridgerater and here I sit with my thumb in my ass missing the sunset .Back in an hour or two .

Hmm ,now come to think of it I've never seen a triple yoke of skid loaders .I have seen a triple yoke of oxen though and that's no BS although they did leave some in their travels .

Beer? :roll:

asset.php

;)

Jack the picture wouldnt load for me... what was it?

Well, I tried to video a tree going over yesterday, but somehow didn't get the camera rolling correctly. I think if you hold the button too long, it only films while you're holding it, and stops when you release it. I got about 3 seconds of nothing moving, then when I walked back to it after the tree was down and hit the button again (to stop it), I got about 6 seconds of nothing moving.....just the sound of my slapping the yellow jackets that were all over me while I hit the power switch. I suppose it's a good thing I didn't catch the dance on camera I started doing as they found me while I was on my way back to the camera.:lol: They were only 3'-4' from the base of the tree, but didn't make a move until the trunk went over and disturbed some bricks that were over their hole.

It's rather difficult for me to take a vid of a take down .I can't cut the damned thing and take pictures at the same time .

Mrs Smith does okay except with her health problems in this weather about like the Sahara desert she has breathing problems so that won't work .In cooler weather once the tree starts over she breaks and runs away .I'm thinking a tripod might be the only way I'd ever catch it on camera .

Later this summer or early fall I have a big bur oak to flop for a friend of mine .4 plus footer over 100 feet which a person seldom if ever gets a chance to cut in these parts .I'll figure some way to film that one .

Back