Tree felling vids

I watched part i, it looks like a great series. Blasting out stumps...those were the days. I guess the giving was good.

Not me.
I'd have loved being part of that.

The whole" just whack it down and turn it into lumber like there is no tomorrow" feeling must have been nice.

That was a tougher breed back then. Still wish I could go back in time and take my 088, tree jacks and chisel chain grinder with me! Thanks for sharing :)

God didn't put me on this earth to slaughter trees from dawn to dusk.. I feel bad enough about the living ones I do kill...

Why? They are renewable. On the day you killed one, millions more pushed out new growth. Nature itself culls trees. Its the circle of life. The world is jot designed to be covered in forest.

I know other guys that feel guilty about killing a tree too. When a tree needs to go, it needs to go. Nature itself snaps them in half, uproots them, and burns them. Encourage customers to plant more.

Not pointing fingers .. its just not for me... I did one small land clearing job in the mid 90's... Mowed down a bunch of small trees one day... it just felt wrong FOR ME ... a personal thing only..

Ok. That just confuses me like heck boss. Last I knew you were making videos and boasting to be the greatest tree killer there ever was. Perfectly healthy trees too. Now you have a sense of shame? You make me scratch my head some times Daniel. Oh well. I doubt everyone understands me all the time either. Different strokes.....

I love this work and I AM good at it ... and yes I kill a lot of trees, some perfectly healthy... trees and people have to live together in suburbia.. I make that happen as well as I can... Mostly I try to tell the client what I think is their best option to keep, remove, prune cable etc.. When I think a tree should stay, I argue the case, sometimes very hard... I'll walk if I feel strongly enough about it... When work gets slow, sometimes I don't argue hard enough, and I feel ashamed of that later... Anytime I have a productive day without taking a life, its a good day... Even on the most lethal days, its selective killing, not wholesale slaughter... I don't do any landclearing.... That's not my thing... This is!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p04sxvuZu7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excellent fell there. I appreciate you sharing the approach and procedure. Good video editing, too...the highlight trick to isolate which tree was being discussed was good.

She was definitely a happy customer...good PR/reference, for sure.

Daniel, my country implemented procedures for sustainable logging back in 1763.
For every tree we fall a new one is planted.

What I meant with my comment was that it must have been fun being alive in the days where forests of the new world were just seen as a neverending source of wood.
A completely different mindset and a completely wrong one, which we know now.
But it must have been something special to be part of.

I love this work and I AM good at it ... and yes I kill a lot of trees, some perfectly healthy... trees and people have to live together in suburbia.. I make that happen as well as I can... Mostly I try to tell the client what I think is their best option to keep, remove, prune cable etc.. When I think a tree should stay, I argue the case, sometimes very hard... I'll walk if I feel strongly enough about it... When work gets slow, sometimes I don't argue hard enough, and I feel ashamed of that later... Anytime I have a productive day without taking a life, its a good day... Even on the most lethal days, its selective killing, not wholesale slaughter... I don't do any landclearing.... That's not my thing... This is!

Sounds like a line from a Lazy Serial Killers Anonymous meeting...:lol:

Glad it went well.

It's like the era of the great white hunters shooting elephants and white rhino in the forehead. There are plenty more.

That was a pretty bad ugly there Murphy. Happy it came down ok.

Here is a little storm throw I did today. Nothing real special. Up hill tree root ball failure, live oaks. HO finally realized it was pretty dangerous after I brought it to his attention last year. Bunch of broken tops in it as well.
Used the pole saw to untangle the first stem to fell and then felled the other two in tandem since they were well tangled. I used face cuts in each as I needed them to fall a tad away from the other trees they were leaning into and toward to save them (couple of canyon oaks).
Fodder.....

View attachment 41745View attachment 41746 IMG_20120528_102127.jpg IMG_20120528_102104.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EBoR7NJdUxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.
OHOHOH ! Cookie cookie cookie starts with C.

Hah! I had that stuck in my head all day when Stephen posted it a week ago. Now I'll be hearing it in my head again today. :lol:

Back