Tree felling vids

They punctured easy from what I heard. They were banned in certain jurisdictions for a few years until they were redesigned with a double layer crown with rivets.
they were even illegal here way back in 1975. I remember that year because it was Halloween of 1975 and I was 17. I went to work with a shiny MacDonald T helmet, red suspenders on demin jeans and caulked Paris boots.
The foremen came up to me and said I was an accident ready to happen.......he sent me back to camp and told me to come back with my regular PPE or I had 3 days off with no pay.

Some recent work.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3HpWxU0hgP0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tree was in bad shape aye Randy. They new pants ?

Ayuh, that tree was in pretty bad shape. It would've come down on it's own before too long..... was happy to be able to tie in on another tree. :\:

NEW PANTS!!! TreeStuff for some reason had these new Pfanner Arborist saw pants in "sales and specials" section IN MY SIZE! :thumbup::D
New Pfanner saw pants for just about half price, who doesn't get excited about that. :thumbup:;)
Love 'em so far, need to put more climb time on 'em though to be sure..... :)

Thought I would post a clip now and then from day to day stuff for you guys at the house. They will be unlisted on my channel so that I can reserve the more polished stuff for public release. . .not that you guys aren't polished or anything. . . ;)
This is my best young climber, Travis Barney, an Oregon backwoods local that I love and respect and am glad to have taking a lot of wear and tear off of me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f_wm08Xi7qA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, yeah I just pulled out the old iPhone as I drove by the job today and grabbed that clip as it unfolded. I did move his top cushion log a little bit right before he fell it. He was going to just clip the edge of it. Hopefully I didn't annoy him much,…

This is my best young climber, Travis Barney, an Oregon backwoods local that I love and respect and am glad to have taking a lot of wear and tear off of me.

Sounds like you lucked out to have that kind of guy and relationship on the crew.:thumbup:

Indeed. And I had a lot of bad "personnel" luck prior to him. My other climber is pretty good too. And he is a better Faller then this guy but not as good a climber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you use a handsaw on that big limb? Did I miss something?

Butch, that big "limb"(if it's the same one)was the top of the tree that had busted off and lodged in the crotch.
When I cut the little limb that swung into/onto the big piece it started to crack, if you listen you can hear it in the video.
It made me "a bit" nervous, I wasn't really sure what it was going to do. So instead of having a running chainsaw in my
hand not knowing where the piece might break as I was cutting, or where it would fall I used my handsaw to cut most of
the way through then cut the small limb loose to break the partial cut. It worked far better than I expected. If that all makes any sense..... :|:

Enjoyed both yer last 2 vids.

Thanks August, I appreciate that. Many times it may not look like it, but I'm always striving to improve. :D
Not trying to make a name for myself or anything like that, just doing my best to do respectable work..... ;)

just doing my best to do respectable work..... ;)

That is in fact what will make a name for you. Customers cant tell one climber from another as long as there is no property damage. All they can tell is if the final product was respectable. On time and a clean job is what they can gauge.

Butch, that big "limb"(if it's the same one)was the top of the tree that had busted off and lodged in the crotch.
When I cut the little limb that swung into/onto the big piece it started to crack, if you listen you can hear it in the video.
It made me "a bit" nervous, I wasn't really sure what it was going to do. So instead of having a running chainsaw in my
hand not knowing where the piece might break as I was cutting, or where it would fall I used my handsaw to cut most of
the way through then cut the small limb loose to break the partial cut. It worked far better than I expected. If that all makes any sense..... :|:

Thanks August, I appreciate that. Many times it may not look like it, but I'm always striving to improve. :D
Not trying to make a name for myself or anything like that, just doing my best to do respectable work..... ;)

Okay well, you better stop doing what you're doing because you're making a pretty nice name for yourself.

Live to Inspire

That is in fact what will make a name for you. Customers cant tell one climber from another as long as there is no property damage. All they can tell is if the final product was respectable. On time and a clean job is what they can gauge.

Thanks Chris. :thumbup:

Okay well, you better stop doing what you're doing because you're making a pretty nice name for yourself.

Live to Inspire
If the "name" comes along with doing respectable work I have no problem with that..... ;)

No doubt we've all seen this vid before, but since it is straight mind blowing, here it is again for your inspiration.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3DsOjXWF-c0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No doubt we've all seen this vid before, but since it is straight mind blowing, here it is again for your inspiration.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3DsOjXWF-c0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unbelievable! Hats off to my new tree climbing hero.

Here is an older video of mine from before I really learned much about editing (Pre GoPro era.) I think 1999 (at least filmed then I mean). The young guy working as ground man and giving silly dialogue about half way through is Max Oxman, Michael Oxman's son.
Sorry if the video moves a little slow, but I just watched it and got a chuckle out of Max.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HYpc2UUGskg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back