Things that go bump in the night!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I told a good friend in California about waking up in ICU with no idea what had happened, and that my first thought was that I had crashed on the motorcycle.
He said: " That would have made a better story, falling down the stairs is something old folks do".

Burnham, I doubt anybody could get himself so messed up, just from falling out of bed.

I clean forgot to take some pictures of the staircase for Jim.

As you can see, not the most forgiving kind of design, all sharp metal edges and elm wood.

P1070466.JPG P1070467.JPG P1070468.JPG

I have ordered a handrail to put on the back wall.
They said 3 days delivery time, but since I ordered it in Sweden and the border is closed due to Corona, who knows when it'll get here.

Yikes!!
You are the third person I know who has recently fallen down stairs and been badly hurt...
Ban stairs...:/:

Let's suppose Stig already did embellish...wonder what the real story is :D.
She probably said to sit down and shut up, he thought she said stand up....... welllllll.....
(Actually, when my dad tried to stop a large steel wheel once and got all banged up, thats what he jokingly told the nurse. My mom got questioned by social service and found the joke not funny. True story)

yeah, no railing, screw that! I have a bad knee, about 50% of the time, I descend backwards with railing for point of contact.

Stig did you kinda tumble down the stairs or did you fall face first on them and then tumble? Face first would be scary stuff

No idea.
I have lost a sizeable chunk of memory from before and under the accident.
From the way My wife found me, looks like face first, then flipped over as I landed.
That would be consistent with where the 2 cranial fractures were, too.

Back