The RIP Thread...

Stirred my memory, Al. When i was living and working wood in north California, I needed some Ash bending stock, so i responded to an add in Fine Woodworking magazine and ordered some, I think from Ohio. Some amazingly wide clear boards showed up, too good really to cut into the small strips that I needed to do with it.

... Levon ... played almost till the end. ... lived down the road from here .... saw him play in Vermont afew years ago .... RIP. THE BAND, LEVON HELM, RICHARD EMANUEL ......

I thought he had beaten the cancer....

This is a rocking cut...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKdLsWkSfcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I met Gram Parsons of the Flying Burrito Brothers. A cousin of mine was renting a house to him in Laurel Canyon, and we went over there to fix something. We started talking and my relative mentioned that I was playing some guitar, and Gram asked me what I was into, seemed like a super nice guy, no famous guy attitude at all. He had a number of young LA crowd guys that were around and holding ovation guitars. They were very much looking down their noses at me, but Gram wasn't that way at all. He died shortly after.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RIP, Goober!

r-GEORGE-LINDSEY-DEAD-large570.jpg

RIP Maurice Sendak. I loved his work especially the well known, Where the Wild Things Are.

Back