The RIP Thread...

Another crackhead bites the dust, albeit a very talented one once. Talent seems often undervalued by the people that have it.

Ms Houston had a beautiful signing voice .Here rendition of "I will always love you " was better than Dolly Partons' who wrote the song .In fact Ms Parton even stated that as fact .

Her role in "The body guard " was fantastic .So talented and yet so troubled in life . It's a shame but only one example of many .

A person must have a few screws loose to go throw away an acclaimed life like that. So rich in various ways. Guess that she lost herself and couldn't get back.. Such a waste.

She had a booming voice, but I think her singing was pretty boring and lacking in subject matter. People can trash themselves and then make a comeback in the entertainment industry with lesser quality to their act. Bringing in the bucks is what counts. Strange place.....

A candlelight vigil was held today for Whitney Houston.

Whitney-Houston-Tribute1.jpg

Oh, like I'm supposed to respect and admire the crack addict who killed herself with drugs? She was an awesome singer 20+ years ago and spent two decades slowly killing herself. Big whoop.

RIP Ed Uebner. I had known Ed ever since I moved here to Mariposa. He owned one of the restaurants in town and used to eat at the one I ran as a Chef, first job I had here. He often came to Karaoke nights and was very active in our community. He had recently become one of our clients in the tree business. He will be missed.
Mariposa resident Mr. Edgar Uebner found deceased in the Merced River Canyon

Oh, like I'm supposed to respect and admire the crack addict who killed herself with drugs? She was an awesome singer 20+ years ago and spent two decades slowly killing herself. Big whoop.

And NJ Gov. Christie is lowering the flags at half-staff for her. :roll:

Subtance abuse has taken down many a talented person. I have immense respect for people who tame that demon.

Sure. But don't elevate dead drug addicts to national-hero status just because they happened to be famous. In fact, I consider them lower than the poor drug-addict who doesn't have the money and resources these famous folks do to address their problems.

Perhaps, for a lot of folks, Whitney Houston represents others that they have lost to addiction, the loss of innocence and the loss of potential. I was never a fan but I think what happened to her was sad.

I heard Amy Winehouse end a song once with a note with her voice that was about the most beautiful thing that I have ever listened to. It was a live performance on video. What a train wreck she was. I guess you can still marvel at the talent and much lesser respect the individual that has the gift.

Sad, very sad. Extreme avalanche danger in the Cascades after up to 40" of snow in two days, on top of a firm base, yet two groups ventured into the backcountry, which they accessed from the ski areas..of Stevens Pass, and Alpental, near Snoqualmie Pass.

http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiin...avalanche-washington-stevens-pass-kills-three Top woman skier Elyse Saugstad was saved by her airbag, which deployed. She was carried 2000-3000 feet. here's a great video of her skiing and being interviewed. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6014919

One of the deceased was the marketing director of Steven's Pass, another was head judge of the Freeeskiing World Tour (they put on big mountain "extreme" ski contests) http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/blog/_/post/5754131/the-judge-spoken/

I haven't skiied Tunnel Creek, off the backside of Stevens, but it is beyond me why that organized group of top skiers ventured there today. It's a huge avalanche path.

The snowboarder killed near Alpental was above a super gnarly face called ESOD (Eat Shit and Die). Unfortunately, that is what happened, when a small slide swept him over the cliff. The line is 60-70 degrees steep, and has only seen two descents, one by top bc skier Andrew McLean, back in the 1980's when he coached the area alpine race team. Here's a shot:

ESAD1w.jpg

Back