The RIP Thread...

You guys have a lot of love to give to a dog that would otherwise not get it, so get ya ass out there and find a mutt that needs a good home. You'll never forget or replace your ol buddies, never, but they would be happy that you're not wasting what you have to offer.

E.S. have alot to give ...they are true work dogs...round up ANY size animal and not afraid to work in close.Both my Hope's folks worked on a real farm in Mass. Tenacity and traits like ankle nipping spell the Shelter for many a misunderstood or not even identified E.S.'s National English Shepherd Rescue Society does great work.

Natalie Cole at 65. Likely the complications from former drug use.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uE9zy5UKCTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meadowlark Lemon. A great man with a dedicated life. I saw the Globetrotters play once when I was a kid, and what a great show it was. The man was loved by millions.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zVkNrwev-l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meadowlark Lemon. A great man with a dedicated life. I saw the Globetrotters play once when I was a kid, and what a great show it was. The man was loved by millions.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zVkNrwev-l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I saw them too, back in 1975 here in northern Manitoba.
They performed on a Indian reservation next door to our logging camp. Amazing ball handling skills and showmanship.

RIP Elly May.

BevH882.jpg

Elly May Clampett...I grew up watching that show. I still tell my grandkids made up stories about Jed, Jethro, houndog Blue (I made up that name) and Elly May...haven't introduced them to Granny yet..SHE was a hoot. I have introduced them to Jed's chickens.

I can still sing the intro song..."Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed..."

I think all of us in that age group can...

And don't forget Gilligan's Island!

Just sit right back and I'll tell a tale...

When I was a kid I used to spend the night at my grandmothers house in town once in a while.

It was cool being in town at night, shadows from street lights shining through trees, passing cars, I liked it.

She also had CABLE! Beat the hell out of the three and a half channels we got at home. I used to watch Nick at Nite and they showed all those programs. Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillys ect.

Alfred Hitchcock would come on once in a while too.

My favorite show was Emergency!. I guess that makes sense.

KMG 365 for life!

Stern bugs me sometimes because he has no respect for people being uncomfortable about discussing their private affairs, just barges in. Kinda crude, but I guess his audience thinks it's cool, and i doubt that few guests on his show don't expect it. You can't argue with his pay cheque.

My grandmother was a sourpuss, but she used to really crack up watching the Beverly Hillbillies.

sheesh...other than news and a couple modern shows everything i get here is from between The Honeymooners and I Dream of Jeanie...

Been getting the first season of Dragnet lately (pre Harry Morgan). Really stiff...they hadn't quite got it figured out yet:lol:

Back