The Official Work Pictures Thread

Dayum!

Do you have any particular tactics to deal with the pitch?

Ridiculous looking arms on that tree

Topped many years ago, and that's what it became since. I didn't really have time to mess with the cameras on thus one, sorry. Dave just took the one with the phone. Too much to do already for just 2 of us. We got all them arms off and bucked. Tomorrow I just have to block down what's left with the 3120.

Been super busy gents of late,..... groundie got a few pics of a small oak removal in back yard with deck built around it in sunny cali ;)

011.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

Looks a lot warmer in sunny California than here... ;)

Working today in the Polish Embassy in Oslo. Slight weight reductions and deadwoods on a number of trees and then climbing inspection of an old Cobra system in a Lime tree overhanging tram lines. Cobra system was tight like an banjo and very brittle from the UV. It's time was up so we installed a non invasive steel bracing system as a replacement.

Bit snowy, but not too bad once you get working.

5036fb8721448b35f0b4187a08882921.jpg

dd8592ea68f4eddb03f2169dce755c0e.jpg

6acc65183406c11e181b5094167ac63c.jpg

e48676993c9304a50a35edb2ac8a69e7.jpg

c51b161a9cebb129c735ccfd551f726a.jpg

f8a81219b9cd8eb01fdebd8d9bdb7801.jpg

d5a39847dd6de5d7928a8855abe5e3c6.jpg

Rich

Different markets value trees in different ways.

Rich, what is going on at your base-tie?

Looks a bit strange. Eh?

Basically that was in the Maple tree. I threw into the top of the upright stem and then set a pre-direct into the leaning stem nearest the embassy. Did the work and came down. There was a bit of epi on the stem to clear and maybe one or two bits of deadwood in the straight stem. I had about 3 redirects in the leaning stem so I just tied a running bowline on a bite and then fig8 on the bite to backup. That was in the end I descended on. Switched the rope runner around and climbed the leg that was original base tie.

So basically I couldn't be arsed tieing a running bowline with a 4 metre tail or be bothered to pull it through and tie at the end of the rope.

As for the cable bracing. Trees grow so slowly out here I doubt many would be impressed if they removed each and every mature tree with a defect. Especially at some of the older properties and Embassy/diplomatic buildings.

As arborists, are we not meant to be custodians of trees in human landscapes?

Or at least someone wrote words to that effect in here somewhere.

The previous bracing was done by another company quite a few years ago. I do what I am asked and I was asked to inspect and replace if needed.

P.s. I think I only ever braced two trees in the uk in 14 years. Liability and what Mick touched on seemed to be the driver with those decisions. Take it out or heavily top it.

In Norway, they seem to be far more "Arby" in their approach to tree care.

I made about $400 on that swing and paid about $15k in lawyer fees....that ultimately I won my freedom...based on their acceptance of risk when they boarded the swing.....

frig Swings.

P.S. Jed, that's the middle one...Brightview/Valley Crest....big tree moving outfit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Start position. 1/2 way between choke and run ... Newer models default after choking by pushing choke all the way in. Then, if it does not fire up, pull choke, push back in and try again.

Back