The Official Work Pictures Thread

Friend of mine. He's from Kansas.
6dd52fd8a9a86d296d506e268b702538.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Spent the last 3 nights after work adding shackle brackets and the "skirt" (if that's what you want to call it) to the bumper on my pickup. I didn't like being able to see the frame and other junk under the pickup. The 4 inches I added underneath hid things really well. I might add a receiver hitch mount when I get more time.

IMG_3206.jpg

And here I spent a lot of effort pulling the stock "skirt" off of my last USFS Chevrolet pickup...too much of a snow catcher, that shite, imo. Never a good thing to have to push more bow wave than necessary :).

Hell...in a few work situations, I've pushed new snow over the hood in my 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4. Bad juju to have to do it, but once in a while needed to. The Dodge was head and shoulders taller than the Chev, and that air dam had to go for even everyday snow travel with the lower rig.

I've done the same thing B. When I lived in Milwaukee and we had a 23" snow storm that buried the city. The ally behind my apartment, and every ally, was chest deep. I had to drive my Dodge thru first so we could get the plow started. The first time I saw snow coming over the hood I was praying not to get stuck because I would have to climb out the window.

On a couple occasions while pushing snow I have had it pack up against the radiator. Gotta watch you engine temperature because it will heat up.

Don't you guys have rules about placing stuff with sharpish edges on the front of vehicles?

But what if they throw yourself at you for insurance fraud purposes.
Or is that only in Russia?
My point was, that a contraption like that would be illegal here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HFoes7rsZBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are some astonishingly weird people on the loose.

On a couple occasions while pushing snow I have had it pack up against the radiator. Gotta watch you engine temperature because it will heat up.

Agreed. On a lot of vehicles modifying the front air dam can greatly screw with the efficiency of the cooling.

I think your bumper looks great with the added skirt. :thumbup: nice work.

Back