The Official Work Pictures Thread

It is Jay, I had the red anchor line on a porty and the other end was just a couple of eye slings (cause I forgot my little rigging plate). I tightened everything up with that handy little 5:1.

So what you're seeing there is an eye sling being loaded in two slightly different directions. I don't know if that's bad? It seems kind of bad. . . Putting a lot of trust in the old ABR splicing department. haha

I think it would have been really cool to have a load cell on this pulley. It's not like it was a very big tree, just kind of awkward.

17274487_1305999682769303_2090411434_n.jpg

Yes, that's cool.

Clear, thanks, I see how you managed it now. I was wondering if whatever appeared black in the earlier photo was to eliminate possible side loading failure. The rigging plate you mention seems good if you had needed mucho pull.

I might get me some plate and drill some holes.

Nicely done Sam.

I've seen the floating redirect before but I don't think I've really "tucked it into my toolbox". Thanks for the reminder.

It obviously worked, and you probably calculated for it, but that was a pretty narrow angle on the sling up top.

Evan, I kind of hoped that would help 'pull from the back' if that makes sense? haha

Thanks again, it was a fun tree. I was a little nervous driving to it, not going to lie. Some other guys looked at it and walked. . . 8)

Regarding rigging plates, I was at a supply place today that sells some rigging gear, a big hardware store really, but I like to check out their rigging goods when I'm in there for other stuff. They sell some 2 and 3 ton working load forged steel round rings. Pretty cheap at fifteen bucks for the 8 inch larger one. Before Sam's pics it never occurred to me that those rings could work well as part of a floating re-direct set up.

That's sweet Jay! A big ring would be great for that, or like you said, having someone fab up a nice thick Stainless rigging plate.

Thanks Ray, I sure enjoy messing about with the ropes, I'm not alone. . . haha

Cheers

Those were some great pics.

Here's my friend next to some roots that I air spaded.

ae69143e77db17c2eec061954d317c44.jpg

Nice weather rocks!

Deva... thanks for the shot. That guy's awsome. Yur awsome.

Jay: I'll never post another hinge-pic again... yur the carpenter, brother.

Sam: I'll never rig again. I'm not worthy.

Those trees are destined for removal.... I bought the air spade to investigate why these trees flipped and what we can do to plant something better in a better way.....

12 Ficus and stumps....figure 3 days 2 guys.

Yeah, Jed. Brian is really cool and it's his birthday today. 46!

I even was able to run the Jag out topless for a couple of hours on Friday. What fun! Way too much rain, snow, and cold this year for my taste.

Back